I hope your device's model is included and supported so you can flash the new and awesome release from Xiaomi.
Install Xposed Firmware On MIUI 7 (guides).
The MIUI 8 ROM is currently supporting various XIAOMI based devices, such as;
- Xiaomi Mi 2/2S, Mi 3, Mi 4, Mi 4c, Mi 4S, Mi 5, Mi Max, Mi Note, Mi Note Pro
- Redmi 1, Redmi 1S, Redmi 2, Redmi 2A, Redmi 2 Prime, Redmi 3, Redmi 3S
- Redmi Note 3G, Redmi Note 4G, Redmi Note Prime, Redmi Note 2, Redmi Note 3 MTK, Redmi Note 3 Qualcomm
Features and improvements brought by MIUI 8.
The company reported that the MIUI comes with the ability to clone apps so they can easily manage multiple account on their single device. For example you can run a two instant messaging apps on one smartphone that correspond to different accounts.
Not just that, MIUI 8 offers something else such as a dual account system. In layman term, you can access a different home screen with different data and apps that are independent using a different password or fingerprint. You are also given to merge your address book or call history after the account is split.
The company says MIUI 8 features improvements that help users clone apps to easily manage multiple accounts on the same phone. This would allow two instances of a messaging app on the same phone that correspond to different accounts.
MIUI 8 also supports a dual account system. This means a different password or fingerprint can allow users to access a different home screen entirely, with different apps and data that are completely independent. After splitting, users can choose to merge their address book and call history.
XIAOMI has also added an improvements on the scanning stuff, now you can scan business cards to add contacts, scan physical objects in order to search and shop for items, you can even scan mathematics questions to find solutions you need.
On the design area, you will find the new MIUI 8 Wallpaper Carousel that comes with a very high-quality on screen that are clasified with 12 categories and those wallpapers are designed and delivered with 50 media partners.
Gallery app is also improved so you can add stickers, filters, crop, and also music for video. You can also make your photos or videos more interesting by doodling them. Quick share and video editing feature are also added.
How to update to MIUI 8 Recovery & Fasboot ROM on Xiaomi devices.
- Turn on your device, then find the OTA update notifications. Or you can also hit the Updater app from your phone to check whether there is updates for you. But be sure to make backups before doing that.
- In case you use the MIUI China stable ROM or other versions older than than, just find the instructions from this post.
I will update this post if the stable and the global MIUI 8 ROM is released next time.