Here you will be guided to install TWRP recovery and root European LG V10 H960A, so you can further tweak your beloved device to the level of your dreams. As we know that installing TWRP recovery or non-stock / custom recovery gives us ability to flash non-stock ROM that most of the time offering something more than the official ROM / firmware guys.
And in this post we have a full and clear instructions for you to install TWRP recovery and SuperSU root package. The process will require you to use Fastboot to further flashing the root package directly from TWRP, so you will then have a root access for your LG V10 H960A.
And one more thing, the TWRP recovery we are about to flash here is an unofficial build marked with 3.0.2-0 version and it's dedicated for European LG V10 H960A.
- You need a working computer.
- You need a USB cable.
- Install the LG USB drivers if it's needed.
- You need to also setup ADB & fastboot to your computer -- this is for Windows PC.
- Enable USB debugging mode of your LG V10 H960A.
- Your LG device should already be in bootloader unlocked condition.
- Be sure your device's battery power is sufficient to perform the guides here.
- Place the TWRP file inside the Fastboot and ADB folder.
- Place the SuperSU file into your device's internal storage.
How to install TWRP on European LG V10 H960A.
You need to install TWRP recovery first. Read the full instructions below.
- Now find the TWRP recovery.image file you previously placed on the fasboot and adb folder in your PC.
- And then open the command prompt window / cmd inside the folder. Do it by press and hold Shift + right click anywhere inside the folder -> choose Open Command Window here from the list).
- You can now connect your device to PC using your USB cable.
- When they are connected, then execute this command to reboot your device.
adb reboot bootloader
- Just choose “Allow USB debugging”, and tap OK (If you are asked to). This phase will take your device boot Fastboot/Bootloader mode.
- Inside the Bootloader mode, type the command below to flash the TWRP recovery.img file.
fastboot flash recovery twrp-2.8.x.x-xxx.img
- Change the twrp.img with your TWRP recovery name. Or you can also change the TWRP recovery file name to this name; twrp.img and use the above command.
- When the installation process are complete. Just type this command.
How to root European LG V10 H960A.
Now you have TWRP recovery installed on your device. It's time to root your LG device by flashing the SupeSU root package. Follow the full instructions below.
- You need to boot your device into the TWRP recovery mode -- you need to shut down your device, and then press these buttons; Volume Down + Power together for 5 seconds and you will enter the recovery mode.
- When you have been in the recovery mode, it's time to install the SuperSU file, the full guides to do so can be studied on the following post of mine here; how to flash SuperSU via TWRP recovery image.