Those of you who wish to install a TWRP custom recovery on the Asus ZenFone Max and then root the device can read the full guides written on this post. Because the TWRP 3.0 is already here bringing support for the device. When you've done installing the custom recovery then you can further rooting your device by flashing the SuperSu root file from it.
The process are so easily if you have every factors required, like a computer, USB cable, etc. All factors will be told on this post.
But firstly you should give your thanks to mrichiem, an Android third party developer who is also an XDA member who shares the latest and unofficial TWRP 3.0 recovery dedicated for Asus Zenfone Max. If you like, you can also give donations too. However that's your call and none forcing you to do that.
We should begin now by firstly reading the preconditions.
- Your device's warranty will be nullified for practicing this.
- Make sure your computer has already have ADB & Fastboot installed, or you can follow the guides here; how to install Android ADB & fastboot quickly on computer.
- You need to also enable USB debugging mode of your Asus ZenFone Max.
- A working computer with a USB cable.
- Be sure your device's battery power is sufficient to perform the actions.
Install TWRP recovery on Asus Zenfone Max.
- If you have installed and set ADB & Fasboot on your PC, then download the TWRP recovery file above and put it on the ADB folder on your PC.
- Then connect your device to computer.
- You can now follow the full instructions to install TWRP recovery via Fastboot on PC.
Root Asus Zenfone Max.
You can now install the SuperSU file now after you have TWRP recovery image on your Asus ZenFone Max.
- Boot your device now.
- Again re-connect your Asus ZenFone to PC to transfer the SuperSU file to your device's internal storage and then disconnect it from computer.
- You need to boot your Asus to recovery mode. This is how to enter to recovery mode on Asus ZenFone tutorials.
- When you are inside the TWRP recovery mode, you can install the SuperSU root package on it. Follow the guides here; install SuperSU on Android powered device.