As we know that Android 7.0 Nougat comes with Multi Window support that can be enjoyed by either big size screen (Tablet) and smaller ones (smartphones).
However as Sony Xperia users you might need to hold your breath for a while to get the Nougat official update.
But don't worry, if you don't know that actually Multi Window is already added on the release of Marshmallow however Google keeps the feature only for the tablets.
Fortunately the Multi Window from Marshmallow can be enabled even though on small screen such as smartphone. For that we need to edit our device's build.prop file.
- Be sure your Sony Xperia smartphone is using Android 6.0 Marshmallow or newer.
- And your device's already rooted or have TWRP recovery image installed.
How to enable Multi Window on Android 6.0 Marshmallow for Sony Xperia
- Now you need to edit build.prop file by adding the persist.sys.debug.multi_window=true line to build.prop file.
- Don't know how to edit Build.prop file, you are welcomed to visit my previous post namely how to edit build.prop file without root.
- Don't forget to save the edited build.prop file.
- Once you've done editing the file you need to reboot your device to finish the process.
- Open your Root Explorer on Es file Explorer and then find the build.prop file on the folder system. (Suggestion. Make sure you firstly backup your build.prop file before editing it).
- Open the build.prop file using ES Notes Editor then add the following line on it.
- Save the file and then reboot your device to complete the process.
Now you can enjoy the multi window ability on your beloved Sony Xperia device.