Google has made Android 7.0 Nougat for Nexus 9, Nexus 6P and Nexus 5X. All of the mentioned devices owners have already enjoyed the software running on their device.
Currently Google released the software as an OTA, and the factory image image is expected to be released soon.
Android 7.0 who serves the mentioned Nexus families comes with NRD90M build number. And you know what, the rooting method for the build number is already available. Apparently the method is the as the developer preview that came before it.
But there is a little problem, because making TWRP to work is not as easy as it's expected. Not the Nougat update fault, but because the dm-verity check and forced encryption inside Nexus that prevents TWRP 3.0.2-0 to boot.
But don't worry too much as we have TWRP v220.127.116.11 among us that's dedicated for Nexus 6P and the kind, with it we can perform sideload the SuperSU zip from computer to get the root access.
- Be sure you have a Windows computer and a USB cable.
- Enable USB debugging mode first because it's important to bridge the communication between your device and PC.
- And if you haven't then please to to install ADB and Fasboot drivers on PC. Because it's needed.
- Make necessary backups now as it's a recommended wise thing before doing rooting.
- Follow the entire steps here and don't skip any steps.
How to root Android 7.0 Nougat OTA NRD90M Nexus 6P
- You need to download the TWRP recovery 18.104.22.168 then flash it on your Nexus 6P from Fastboot.
└ I already made a post on this before, please to visit the how to install TWRP recovery via Fastboot.
- You must now download the SuperSU zip file to your PC on different folder.
- You also need to setup ADB and Fastboot on your PC.
- Now to your PC, go to the folder where you stored the SuperSU.zip file and then open command prompt inside the same folder. (Use Shift + Right Click on empty space then choose Open Command Prompt).
- Grab your USB cable now to connect your device to PC.
- After your device's connected to computer, now issue this ADB command on command prompt.
adb reboot recovery
- Once your device boots to TWRP recovery, you need to go to Advanced option on the TWRP recovery min interface.
- Inside the Advanced then select ADB Sideload.
- You must now check these boxes; Wipe Dalvik Cache and Wipe Cache.
- Now you need to to Swipe to Start Sideload that's placed on the bottom bar.
- Type the command below to flash the SuperSU zip.
adb sideload UPDATE-SuperSU-v2.76-20160630161323.zip
- When it's done, just Reboot System Now.
- Make sure you choose Do NOT install SuperSU, if you are asked by TWRP before rebooting.
- Rebooting process begins now just wait.
You can check it using Root Checker app available on Google Play Store.