And to install XXU2BPG2 we are handed with number of methods. You can utilize the over the air (OTA) update by simply downloading and installing the firmware directly from your device. This one takes a strong internet connection. I recommend using Wi-Fi network to keep it stable.
Secondly you can use the Samsung KIES installed on your computer by simply connecting your Samsung Galaxy Tab S2 to computer. Then KIES will detect if there is an update available for your device.
But if you haven't received any automatic update notifications by either OTA or KIES. Or your device's rooted. There is no way you will be notified by those utilities.
If your device is rooted then you can flash the XXU2BPG2 Android 6.0.1 Marshmallow manually by flashing the firmware using Odin. I will walk you through to the entire steps to update your device's firmware version.
- Your root access will be wiped out for flashing this firmware.
- If your device uses a custom recovery then it will be replaced with a stock recovery brought by this firmware.
- If you haven't then I urge you to enable USB debugging mode first.
- Prepare your Windows computer with Samsung's original USB drivers installed and USB cable.
- Backup your ROMs, tweaks, other things you wish to restore later.
- Charge your battery power if you regard it's too low.
- Follow the entire steps and don't skip anything.
How to update Samsung Galaxy Tab S2 T815 to XXU2BPG2 Android 6.0.1 Marshmallow.
- You need to download and extract the Android 6.0.1 T815XXU2BPG2 for Galaxy Tab S2 9.7 to your PC.
- And then grab ODIN v3.09 to your PC, this is needed in order to flash the firmware file you just extracted above.
- Now you must turn off your device. When it's turned off. Press and hold Power Down + Home + Power.
- Keep pressing the three buttons, then release when you see a warning like in the following image.
- To access to the download mode, press Volume Up.
- When your device is in Download Mode. Go to your PC to open Odin, click on the exe file.
- Once Odin is opened then you must connect your device to computer using a USB cable.
- Odin will try to detect your device. Once it's detected you will see Added notification and your ID:COM turns to yellow color.
- Click the PDA button on Odin and then search for the firmware you extracted on your PC.
- Once you find the firmware. You may click the Start button on Odin to begin the installations.
- Once the installations have completed. You will see Pass notification. That means Odin has done its job and it's successful job.
- Reboot your device now to complete the flashing procedures.
You can verify it by going to Settings -> About Phone -> See what firmware version is currently powering your device -> Done.