So to claim the losing root access of your Nexus 5X, then we can root it back. The rooting method for the Android NRD90M Nougat running on Nexus 5 is available.
We can utilize the TWRP recovery v126.96.36.199, by the help of this custom recovery image we can deliver the SuperSU zip file to our Nexus 5X.
But there is a catch because the TWRP 188.8.131.52 is unable to flash the zip file from your device's internal storage because it can mount / data folder. To solve that situation, we can sideload the zip file from our computer.
That's the workaround we can use to install SuperSU zip file on Nexus 5X powered with Android NRD90M.
The following is a list containing that requirements you must fulfill before get into the instructions.
- A Windows computer, USB drivers and a USB cable.
- Enable USB debugging mode first before beginning.
- Then your computer must already has ADB and Fasboot drivers. Haven't that? Please proceed to how to install ADB and Fasboot drivers on PC.
- And your Nexus 5X is already powered with TWRP. Please proceed to install TWRP on Android.
- Backup you existing data now.
- Make sure you follow all the instructions written here without skipping any steps.
How to root Nexus 5X on Android 7.0 Nougat OTA NRD90M
- Now download the TWRP recovery 184.108.40.206 then install it to your Nexus 5 from Fastboot.
└ Previously I previously have posted on how to install TWRP recovery via Fastboot.
- Now you need to also download the SuperSU zip file to your computer on the different folder.
- You need to setup ADB and Fastboot from your computer (You have done this on the preconditions above).
- On your computer, head to the folder where you saved SuperSU.zip file and then launch command prompt in the same folder. (Use Shift + Right Click on empty space then choose Open Command Prompt).
- You need to connect your device to computer using the available USB cable.
- Once your device's connected to computer, you need to reboot it by executing the command below on command prompt window.
adb reboot recovery
- After your device boots to TWRP recovery, choose the Advanced on the TWRP recovery min interface.
- Then choose ADB Sideload from Advanced.
- Afterward check the boxes of the Wipe Dalvik Cache and Wipe Cache check boxes.
- You now need to Swipe to Start Sideload that's located on the provided bottom bar.
- You need to issue the command below on command window to install the SuperSU zip.
adb sideload UPDATE-SuperSU-v2.76-20160630161323.zip
- When SuperSU zip has been installed completely, just reboot your device using Reboot System Now.
- Before rebooting process begin, usually you will be asked whether you wish to install SuperSU, just choose Do NOT install SuperSU.
- Just wait for the rebooting process till it's done.
Well that's it. You have successfully brought root access on the Android Nougat OTA powered Nexus 5X. You should now be able to tweak your device to the level of your dream. Congratulations.