Guides to root Nexus 9 on Android 7.0 NRD90M Nougat for those who have updated their device's official software to the NRD90M Build furnware. You are invited to learn the whole processes to bring root access and enjoy every benefits as the result.
As you know that this month Google has finally being confident to introduce the final build of the stock firmware after the Google released the developer preview and public beta versions consecutively.
So far the Android 7.0 Nougat is only available for the several Nexus families, HTC Nexus 9 is one of them and it's wrapped in OTA.
As the owner that's now enjoying the final build firmware on your 8.9" screen device now you want to have root access.
Lucky because rooting the Android NRD90M 7.0 powered Nexus 9 device is possible. On this post you will be guided to undergo the entire steps to achieve the root access over your device.
- Prepare your computer, a USB cable and drivers.
- Also make sure you have already enabled your device USB debugging mode.
- Be sure you firstly make necessary backups.
- Follow the guides entirely and don't skip any steps unless you have done it.
- Good luck guys.
How to root NRD90M Android 7.0 OTA on Nexus 9
- Now you need to download Android SDK via Android developer official website, then install the file.
- Set up ADB and fasboot on your computer based Windows.
- Enable your device's USB debugging mode.
- Now you need to download Fasboot based on your computer operating system, then extract the file inside this directory android-sdk-windows\platform-tools.
If there is no such directory, then create it!
- If you have done it, then skip the above steps.
- You need to download SuperSU v2.74 to your PC. This will be flashed to your Nexus 9 later.
- Connect and mount your device's USB memory on PC with USB cable.
- You must now copy and paste the BETA-SuperSU-v2.74-2-20160519174328.zip file to your device's SD card / internal memory. Be sure in the internal memory root.
- Power off your device now.
- Download TWRP 22.214.171.124 or ClockworkMod then save the custom recovery into the android-sdk-windows\platform-tools directory on your PC.
Tips. Use one of the non-stock recoveries, pick one that works for you. If one custom recovery fails, try another one. Learn to install TWRP on Android via Fasboot mode.
- Now boot your Nexus 9 into Fastboot/Bootloader Mode. Do so by pressing the Volume Down + Power keys for a few seconds until some text appear on screen. That means you are inside Bootloader Mode.
- Now go to android-sdk-windows\platform-tools directory then launch Command Prompt. Do so by pressing Shift + Right-click > Open Command Prompt.
- Issue the command on the command prompt and hit Enter.
fastboot flash recovery twrp-3.0.2-0-flounder.img
- Once done, select Recovery on Fasboot menu to boot into Recovery Mode.
- Inside TWRP recovery, find this option; flash zip from SD card then use Power to choose the option.
- Again press Power then select choose zip from sdcard.
- Use Volume Keys to navigate to BETA-SuperSU-v2.74-2-20160519174328.zip. And use Power button to select the option. Confirm the Installation from screen, then process will begin.
- Reboot your device after the installations have been completed. Use +++++Go Back -> Reboot System Now from main Recovery Menu.
- The rebooting process will take about 5 or less minutes.
Well done my friend you have successfully rooted Nexus 9 running on Android 7.0 Nougat NRD90M OTA. Congratulations. Hope you find this post useful for you guys.