Update Nexus 5X to Android 7.0 Nougat NRD90M OTA official firmware. We will walk you through to the entire steps on flashing the latest Android 7.0 built number NRD9OM to Nexus 5.
If you have the device then you are most welcomed to follow the full flashing instructions. But remember to read the following preconditions first.
- Just to remind that the Android 7.0 Nougat NRD90M should only be installed on Nexus 5X only.
- If your device is powered with custom ROM or stock ROM you still can flash the Android 7.0 Nougat NRD90M.
- As usual I remind you to firstly enable USB debugging mode of Nexus 5X of yours.
- Make backups first before starting the flashing procedures.
- Don't skip anything anything, folloe the instructions entirely.
- We will issue ADB command on PC to flash the OTA firmware therefor it's recommended to install ADB drivers on your PC if you haven't.
- If your battery is not enough. Be sure to charge it first.
How to update Nexus 5X to Android 7.0 Nougat NRD90M OTA firmware.
- Now download the Android 7.0 OTA file to your PC.
- And the paste the downloaded OTA file to the ADB/Fastboot folder on your PC. Be sure to change the name into something easy to remember such as; nougat.zip.
- You need to turn off your Nexus 5X.
- Now boot your device into the Fasboot/Bootloader mode, turn on your device then press these buttons; Volume UP + Volume Down + Power keys to call the Fastboot menu and start on top of your screen.
- Now you need to press Volume Down key for five times to make the Recovery Mode appear on screen. Choose it using Power button. Now your device reboots into Recovery Mode.
- You will find that your device is now in recovery mode and Android logo with red exclamation appears on your device's screen. Press and hold Power and Volume Up buttons together now, a menu will be shown.
- Use Volume keys to navigate and use Power button to select the Apply update from ADB option.
- You need to connect your device to computer with USB cable.
- Now head to android-sdk-windows\platform-tools directory and then open command prompt using the Shift + Right click -> Open Command Prompt on your computer. The nougat.zip file you downloaded earlier is in the same folder.
adb sideload androidnougat.zip
- The command will start the installation. Just wait then. Then when it's completed just reboot your device using Reboot system now.
- Awesome my friend you just updated your Nexus 5X to Android 7.0 Nougat OTA firmware. Congratulations.
Now you can check what's firmware running on your Nexus 5X simply by going to Settings -> About phone.