But before going into details let's make sure you firstly read the preconditions to prepare yourself.
- The NRD90M Android 7.0 is only for HTC Nexus 9.
- You can install the Android 7.0 Nougat NRD90M on your device whether it's using stock or custom ROM.
- Make sure you have enabled USB debugging mode.
- Be sure you have backups already before proceeding.
- Follow the guides to the letter, that means don't skip any step.
- Make sure you have installed ADB drivers on your PC.
- Charge your device's battery power if it's considered insufficient.
How to update HTC Nexus 9 to NRD90M Android 7.0 Nougat.
- Now you need to save the Android 7.0 OTA file to your computer.
- Then copy and paste the zip file you downloaded from step 1 to your ADB/Fastboot folder and it's recommended to rename the file to something shorter, for example; androidnougat.zip
- Now you need to power off your Nexus 9.
- Then boot into the Fasboot/Bootloader mode on your device. Power on your Nexus 9 then press and hold Volume UP + Volume Down + Power keys to show the Fastboot menu and start on top of the screen.
- Now press the Volume Down key repetitively till Recovery Mode appear on screen. Then use Power button to choose it. You will see that your device reboot into the Recovery Mode.
- You will find that your device is now in recovery mode and Android logo with red exclamation appears on your device's screen. Press and hold Power and Volume Up buttons together now, a menu will be shown.
- To navigate you can use Volume keys and use Power key to choose Apply update from ADB option.
- Now it is time to connect your device to computer using a USB cable.
- Go to android-sdk-windows\platform-tools directory then use Shift + Right click -> Open Command Prompt on your PC. The androidnougat.zip file is in the same directory.
adb sideload androidnougat.zip
- The installation process will begin. Once it's done. Reboot your device using Reboot system now option then just wait the rebooting process.
- Well done my friend because you have successfully updated your HTC Nexus 9 to Android 7.0 Nougat OTA firmware.
You can check what is Android version is powering your device. To do so simply head to Settings -> About phone.