Android 7.0 Nougat is a great and very sophisticated Android operating system, however that doesn't mean the OS is a bug-free software. Because recently a stream of reports (Complaints precisely) screamed by users on the XDA forum and some other places regarding the Bluetooth battery drain issue on Android Nougat (7.0).
The condition makes device lose battery power so fast to which users find it so disturbing. So it's not surprising that some of them want to downgrade their OS back to Marshmallow.
So far there is no official fix released by Google, but I believe the company is aware about the situation. But fortunately an XDA member namely spencersir2 comes up with explanation and solution.
He explained about the Bluetooth battery drain issue is not caused by the Bluetooth antenna issue itself, but the culprit is because the Nougat's doze mode doesn't optimize the Bluetooth connection correctly. As the result making the battery to drain so quick during streaming or sharing contents using Bluetooth feature.
And spenecirsir2 also share his tricks to deal with Bluetooth battery drain bug on Nougat for all to use to fix the issue. You are invited to use his tricks as the current and temporarily solutions before Google release the update in the future.
How to fix Nougat Bluetooth battery drain bug
- Turn on your device then head to Settings -> Battery.
- Now tap on the 3-dot menu that's on top-right corner from screen then choose Battery optimization.
- Now tap on drop down menu to further choosing All Apps.
- Now search and then choose Bluetooth share -> select Don’t optimize -> Done.
- Again deactivate all optimization for other apps you use with Bluetooth such as music streaming apps, etc.
You did it guys, you have managed to fix Android Nougat bluetooth draining issue on your beloved device, congratulations.
Via spenecirsir2 XDA.