However the root manager itself it deactivated by default on the settings area. We need to enable it first through manual way to enjoy root access offered by CyanogenMod 14 ROM.
And fortunately the procedures needed to enable root access on CM14 ROM is not a hard task. Because the ROM's developer has made it easy to things to do. You are given with choices to allow what apps should be given root access. The process is simply like giving root Apps only or ADB only, or both of them.
CyanogenMod is one of the most used non-official Android software today. The CM14 itself is based on Android 7.0 Nougat. And it's not going to give you any bloatware and other stuffs you rarely need. And as one of the few ROMs that offering almost 100% similar to the stock firmware.
Of course CM14 is offering more than the stock ROM, the developers behind the CM team have planted number of handy tweaks and features to make it more user friendly.
- Your device has already have CyanogenMod 14 ROM running.
- Backup everything you regard important.
- Charge your device's battery power.
How to enable root access on CM14 / CyanogenMod 14 ROM
- Now enable developer option and USB debugging on your Android powered device.
- Then launch Developer Options now.
- Search for the Root Access option, then choose the option you need whether you want seti it Apps only or ADB only or both of them which is Apps and ADB.
- Reboot your device.
Easy and simply, right? Your CM14 ROM powered device has root access now. Just enjoy it.