How to Install Android 7.0 Nougat on Asus Transformer TF300T is a great Android based tablet armed with Nvidia Tegra 3 T30L chipset and Quad-core 1.2 GHz Cortex-A9 CPU.
But unfortunately the superb tablet is reported will not be getting the official Android Nougat update. That is of course a sad news for those who probably have been expecting the update will available for the device.
But please do not let the situation upsetting you, because there is a hope to bring the latest and sophisticated Android version to the device.
Because the Nougat can still be installed on your device using the custom ROm developed by XDA senior member Timduru. Timduru made the RO based on AOSP Nougat. You will experience the same Nougat along with the features added by the developer.
If you are interested, then you are invited to flashed the RO on your device. Oke?
- Have a TWRP recovery installed on your device.
- Backup everything you regard important.
- Charge your device's battery if it's too low.
Note. Proceed to the ROM flashing guides but keep in mind that all the risks which may happen during or after the process are yours to bear. Blame none but yourself. One more thing, if your device warranty is still valid, then it will probably be voided.
Installing this ROM is similar like installing any other ROMs, as long as your device's already powered with TWRP custom recovery.
- Download the custom ROM above to your computer and then transfer the file to your device's internal storage.
- Once done, boot your Nexus 5 into the TWRP recovery.
- Press and hold Volume Down, Volume UP and Power buttons together. Release the buttons once you see Fastboot / Bootloader Mode. Use Volume keys to change START to recovery mode.
- Inside TWRP recovery, choose Wipe and then Swipe to Factory Reset that's on bottom screen.
└ Note. Make sure you have backups before performing this action.
- Back to TWRP main interface to select Install then pick the custom ROMs .zip file your previously transferred from PC.
- Once the zip file selected just perform Swipe to Confirm Flash to start the flashing process.
- After TWRP has finished flashing the ROM, then you will find and choose Wipe cache/dalvik option and do Swipe to wipe from the screen.
- Finally when the cache and dalvik wipe finishes, choose Back button appears on screen to further selecting the “Reboot System” button.