CyanogenMOD 14 is the newest version of the ROM that is based on Android open source to deliver Android latest versions to devices that will not receive the Android latest updates, or not yet getting updates.
Since OnePLUS 3 is reported will not receive Nougat, the owner can take an alternative roads to get to it. And if your device is powered with TWRP recovery image then you can flash the ROM zip file. By fulfilling several steps required. The process is not complicate and in fact it is quite simple if you are already familiar with custom ROMs flashing activities in the past.
- Prepare your computer, a USB cable and drivers.
- Enable USB debugging mode first.
- Do not forget to backup your existing data.
- Make sure you prepare yourself if your warranty become nullified.
- Follow the entire steps without skipping anything.
- Good luck guys.
Now you need to download the following files.
- CyanogenMod 14 ROM for OnePlus 3 (cm-14.0-20160904-UNOFFICIAL-oneplus3.zip).
- Gapps for 7.0 Nougat (open_gapps-arm-7.0-stock-20160828.zip).
- TWRP for OnePlus 3 (Guides To Install TWRP On Android Devices).
How to install Android 7.0 Nougat CyanogenMOD 14 on OnePLUS 3
- Now connect your device to computer to transfer the CyanogenMod 14 ROM and Gapps files to your OnePlus 3 device's storage.
- Now power off your device to boot into the recovery mode. Do so by press Volume Down and Power simultaneously till you see Android logo appears. That means your device is in recovery mode.
- Turn the phone off. Press the volume down and power buttons at the same time. Keep them pressed until the Android splash logo appears on the screen. This will put your phone into recovery mode.
- Inside the recovery / TWRP mode, head to Wipe > Wipe data & Factory reset. This will clean your data, make sure you have backups before doing this step. This step is required to prevent your device get stuck at bootloop.
- Now tap on Install option to go to CyanogenMod 14 file you put earlier on your device. Tap the ROM file then swipe to the right to begin flashing it.
- The flashing process will begin. Just wait guys. It is not too long.
- After the ROM zip file was fully installed, then tap on Install again this time to flash the Gapps for the ROM.
- Once the ROM and Gapps files installed then you need to reboot your device to complete the whole processes.
- Once you have flashed both files, you can restart your phone.
Well done my friend your device is now powered with Android 7.0 Nougat CyanogenMOD 14 ROM. You can check it via Settings -> About phone. See what is the existing Android software that powering your OnePLUS 3 now.