Update Nexus 5X to Android 7.0 Nougat NRD90S official factory image. The post here contains the full instructions to flash the NRD90S Android 7.0 official factory image on Nexus 5X. If you want to update your device to the said firmware. Just follow the guides from here.
- Just install Android NRD90S Nougat only if your device is Nexus 5X.
- NRD90S can be flashed on device that is using either Stock or custom ROM.
- Be sure that you already have set USB Debugging mode enabled on your Nexus 5X.
- Take a precaution backups before starting.
- Follow all instructions compiled with steps below and don't skip any steps.
- Charge your device battery power if it's in low percentage.
- Good luck guys.
How to update Nexus 5X to Android 7.0 Nougat NRD90S Factory Image
Do not forget to make backups before doing anything to your device.
- You need to download Android 7.0 factory image to your computer. The file name is;bullhead-nrd90s-factory-d6bf1f56.zip.
- Now you need to use your USB cable to connect your Nexus 5X to your PC.
- Be sure that Fastboot is already configured on your PC. Haven't done it? Just go to how to install ADB and Fastboot on PC.
- Now power off your Nexus 5X.
- Boot your Nexus 5X into the Fastboot or Bootloader mode. Do so by turning on your device while your fingers pressing the Volume Up + Volume Down + Power buttons until the screen showing up Fastboot menu and Start on top side.
- You must now extract the downloaded file of the factory image on your computer. Then head to the bullhead-NRD90S folder and then copy and paste all the existing files to your Fastboot directory.
- Tips. If you manage to follow the steps on setting Fastboot on PC, there is almost 100% possibility that your Fastboot folder is in the platform-tools folder inside your Android SDK directory.
- Now inside the factory image files in Fastboot directory, execute the commands based on your operating system.
Windows; Run the file “flash-all.bat”.
Mac; Run the file “flash-all.sh” using Terminal.
Linux; Run the file “flash-all.sh”.
- The above is a command to flash the stock recovery image on your Nexus 5X. Just wait for the process to be complete. Or do what the on-screen instructions tell you if your device's bootlaoder is unlocked.
- Once the installation process done, your device will boot and the process will take about 5 minutes, yes it's longer than usual because it's booting for the first time with a new firmware.