- Just install Android NRD90S Nougat only if your device is Nexus 5X.
- NRD90S can be flashed on device that is using either Stock or custom ROM.
- Be sure that you already have set USB Debugging mode enabled on your Nexus 5X.
- Take a precaution backups before starting.
- Follow all instructions compiled with steps below and don't skip any steps.
- Charge your device battery power if it's in low percentage.
- Good luck guys.
How to update Nexus 5X to Android 7.0 Nougat NRD90S Factory Image
- You need to download Android 7.0 factory image to your computer. The file name is;bullhead-nrd90s-factory-d6bf1f56.zip.
- Now you need to use your USB cable to connect your Nexus 5X to your PC.
- Be sure that Fastboot is already configured on your PC. Haven't done it? Just go to how to install ADB and Fastboot on PC.
- Now power off your Nexus 5X.
- Boot your Nexus 5X into the Fastboot or Bootloader mode. Do so by turning on your device while your fingers pressing the Volume Up + Volume Down + Power buttons until the screen showing up Fastboot menu and Start on top side.
- You must now extract the downloaded file of the factory image on your computer. Then head to the bullhead-NRD90S folder and then copy and paste all the existing files to your Fastboot directory.
- Tips. If you manage to follow the steps on setting Fastboot on PC, there is almost 100% possibility that your Fastboot folder is in the platform-tools folder inside your Android SDK directory.
- Now inside the factory image files in Fastboot directory, execute the commands based on your operating system.
Windows; Run the file “flash-all.bat”.
Mac; Run the file “flash-all.sh” using Terminal.
Linux; Run the file “flash-all.sh”.
- The above is a command to flash the stock recovery image on your Nexus 5X. Just wait for the process to be complete. Or do what the on-screen instructions tell you if your device's bootlaoder is unlocked.
- Once the installation process done, your device will boot and the process will take about 5 minutes, yes it's longer than usual because it's booting for the first time with a new firmware.