How to flash Android 7.0 on Galaxy Note 3. Do you want to know on how install Android 7.0 Nougat on Galaxy Note 3? Then you can learn the full instructions on how to do it from this post. We will walk you through the entire processes to update your Galaxy Note 3 to Android 7.0 Nougat. And those who have been waiting for the opportunity for upgrading to Nougat now it's the time.
There is recently a release of the CM14 unofficial by one of the XDA senior members, traider418 to bring Nougat support for the Samsung Galaxy Note 3. You can thank him for that. However this ROM is still an Alpha test. So far it's considered good enough according those XDA folks who have the ROM installed on their devices.
The following are two lists explaining what features work and don't work.
- Other simple stuff
- Base now cm14 - 7.0.0_r6
- Camera (untested but should work)
- Cell data (untested but should work) Doesn't work right now
- Not tested extensively.
- ROM OS Version: 7.x Nougat
- ROM Kernel: Linux 3.4.x
- Based On: CyanogenMod 14
- Version Information
- Status: Testing
- Apply the instructions here only if you have Samsung Galaxy Note 3 SM-N9005.
- Make full backups before proceeding.
- Have already installed TWRP recovery image on your Galaxy Note 3.
- Enable USB debugging mode first.
- Your Galaxy Note 3 should already be in bootloader unlocked conditions.
- This ROM comes pre-rooted, you can enable it once it's installed, follow the guides how to enable root on CM14.
- A computer and a USB cable if you download the ROM zip file via computer.
- Be sure your battery power is enough to perform the instructions from this post.
- Follow the full instructions wholly without skipping anything.
Do not restore apps backup and system data using Titanium Backup, it will likely break things up.
Below are the files you need to download to your PC.
How to update Samsung Galaxy Note 3 to Android 7.0 Nougat with CM14 custom ROM
- Now connect your device to PC using a USB cable
- Then transfer the CM14 ROM zip file to your device's internal storage.
- Now boot into the TWRP recovery by powering off your device first then press and hold these buttons; Volume UP + Home + Power.
- Within the TWRP recovery, perform the full data wipe by selecting Wipe button -> Swipe to Factory Reset button.
- Once done, back to TWRP main interface then select for the Install button -> tap the CM14 ROM zip file you store on your device's internal storage.
- Now confirm the installation and then Swipe to Confirm Flash button. The installation process will then begin now.
- To install the Gapps just repeat the above process.
- If you encounter bootloop or other issues just tap the Wipe cache/dalvik.
- Now reboot, by tapping the Reboot System button to complete the process.
- Done my friend.