And on this post I will try to guide you through the entire processes to unlock bootloader of OnePlus One. So you can further flashing TWRP recovery and root your device afterward.
Keep in mind, you need to firstly make backup before starting the bootloader unlocking procedures, because why? Because this action will prompt your Android OS to wipe data stored on your device. Therefore perform backup! Okey?
How to unlock bootloader of OnePlus One.
Files you need to download to computer as follow.
- Extract the Android SDK you downloaded to your computer and make sure there is this folder android-sdk-windows
- And also download -> install USB drivers from the above link.
- Now make a test whether it works, by launching a command prompt window by pressing Shift button + Right click and then choose Open Command Window here from the list.
- Once command window is opened, just execute this code.
- You will see then this line Android Debug Bridge version x.x.xx if works.
- Now execute this command to the command window prompt box and hit enter -- this the code to unlock your OnePlus One bootloader.
fastboot oem unlock
- Once done, you are going to need your device, therefore write this command line and enter.
- Your OnePlus One will reboot just wait till it's done.
Well done friends.