Unlocking bootloader will give several benefits such as installing a custom recovery like TWRP to further flashing flashable zip like SuperSu and also custom ROMs that are great.
So if you interested to learn the whole process unlocking OnePlus 3 bootloader then keep reading.
- Make backups for you will need the backups after the bootloader unlocking process.
- Enable USB debugging of your Android.
- A computer with a USB cable.
- Has already installed ADB & Fasboot on your computer.
- Charge your device battery power.
How to unlock OnePlus 3 bootloader
- Now power off your device to boot into the Fastboot mode, do so by pressing Volume Up + Power. Your device will show 'fasboot' text, that means you have entered the Fasboot mode.
- Now connect the device to PC, then launch the command prompt by pressing Shift with Right Click -> Open Command Window Here. Then type this command and hit enter.
- The above command will show the connected device. If your device's serial number is there that is good. You are on the right road. But if not, that means your device's drivers are not installed correctly. So fix the issue first before continuing to the next step.
- If your device is on the list then continue your step. Type the command.
fastboot oem unlock
- Note. The above command will wipe everything off your phone. Make sure you already have backups before executing the above command. For you to know that's the code to unlock your OnePlus 3 bootloader.
- Now once you have done with the command above. It is time to reboot your device. To do so just type the following command below and then hit Enter.