Here is the full instructions on how to update OnePlus One to Android 7.0 Nougat using CM14 custom ROM. If you have been waiting for the Nougat update, yet there is no official update for your OnePlus One then you can utilize the non-official ROM released by CyanogenMod developer that brings almost the same experiences as the Nougat plus with additional features planted by the developers.
CM14 ROM is one of the best modified ROMs for many Android powered devices from giant manufactures so flashing it to your device is recommended and who knows you can use it as your daily driver.
If you are interested then you are welcomed to follow the entire steps to flash Android 7.0 Nougat CM14 to your OnePlus One. But firstly I invite you to read the preconditions section below.
- Remember to only apply the guides written here only if your device is OnePlus One.
- Your device bootloader should already be unlocked.
- Remember that you have a custom recoveries installed, and on this post we use TWRP recovery.
- Backup every data you regard important and do not start the guides without you firstly make necessary backups.
- A computer with a USB cable.
- Enable your device's USB debugging mode first.
- Charger your device's battery guys.
- Installing this kind of ROM will void your device's warranty and make sure you know that.
Perform the guides from this post but remember that all the possible risks are yours to bear. Proceed to the guides by your own choice. Okey?
How to update OnePlus One to Android 7.0 Nougat with CM14 ROM and TWRP
- Now you need to download the Android 7.0 CM14 ROM to your PC.
- Now connect and mount your OnePlus One to computer with your USB cable.
- Copy and paste the Android 7.0 ROM zip file you downloaded earlier to your device's internal storage -- be sure to put it on your root folder.
- Now power off your device and disconnect it from your USB cable.
- Once your device's powered off, just power it on again while your fingers pressing and holding these buttons together; Volume Down + Power. (You do this to enter to the Recovery Mode).
- When you are in the Recovery Mode / TWRP mode, you need to do the full data wipe by tapping the Wipe button, then swipe on this Swipe to Factory Reset option.
- Back to recovery main menu now and tap this button; Install button. On the list, select the Zip file you previously pasted to your device's internal memory.
- Confirm the installation on the next screen and don't forget to Swipe to Confirm Flash option. You will then see the installation take place as seen on the below picture.
- After the installation finished, your screen will display a notification like this picture.
- Now tap on Wipe cache/dalvik button in case you are stuck at bootloops or other technical problem.
- Now reboot your device using the Reboot System option.
Well done my friend because you have successfully updated your OnePlus One to Android 7.0 Nougat by using CM14 custom ROM.