However it is not an official ROM released by Samsung, because as we know that there is no official announcements from Samsung that the device will be supported with Android 7.0 stock.
But let not that fact makes you down because you still can update to Android 7.0 using the modified ROM, CM14 is your friend. This custom ROM is based on Android 7.0 Nougat and will deliver nearly all the Nougat experiences, feels, and features to your device. If you are interested then you are invited to flash it by simply following step by step guides from this post.
- Your Galaxy Grand Prime should already be in bootloader unlocked condition.
- Your device should already have TWRP or CWM recovery installed. On this post we use TWRP.
- Make sure that your batter power is enough to perform the guides here.
- Prepare your computer and a USB cable.
- If you haven't please to firstly enable your USB debugging mode.
- Flashing this kind of custom ROM will void your warranty.
- Follow the entire guides without skipping any steps.
How to update Samsung Galaxy Grand Prime (G530H/XXU/XCU) to Android 7.0 Nougat
Follow the flashing procedures here but all the risks are yours to bear.
- Now you must download the Android 7.0 CM14 ROM to your PC.
- And then connect your device to computer using your USB cable.
- Now copy and paste the CM14 ROM zip file from your computer to your device's internal storage.
- Now power off your device and then disconnect it from USB cable.
- Then power on your device while pressing and holding these buttons; Volume UP + Home + Power to access the Recovery Mode or TWRP Mode.
- Within the TWRP mode, do the full data wipe by choosing the Wipe button, and then Swipe to Factory Reset option.
- Now head back to TWRP main menu to further tapping the Install button. On the list, select the CM14 ROM zip file inside your device's internal storage.
- Confirm the installation and then swipe the Swipe to Confirm Flash option. The installations will take place.
- If the installations are completed, you will see a picture like this on your device's screen.
- Tap Wipe cache/dalvik button in case there is bootloops or other technical issues.
- Now reboot by tapping the Reboot System option.
- Done my friend.
Now your Samsung Galaxy Grand Prime is powered with CM14 Android Nougat 7.0 custom ROM.