You can install Android 7.0 Nougat on your Samsung Galaxy S2 now because there is already a custom ROM that supports your device which is CyanogenMod 14. You can flash it and the result is your device will be enjoying Android Nougat.
Remember that this is just a custom ROM that means you are going to need to have a custom recovery image installed to flash it. Because it is the unavoidable requirements.
And one thing for sure that some of the apps won't app as the ROM itself is still under development and I will list the apps that work and don't work for you to learn.
- Storage (Include EXT-SD).
- H/W Decoder (related with video, music play).
- Video Recording.
- And almost other functions.
Developer SerenityS as XDA senior member.Preconditions and information.
- Build status is unofficial, test build.
- Support Samsung Galaxy S2 I9100.
- You must use 1GB System PIt. Rom files bigger than 512MB(Stock system partition size).
- Has installed TWRP recovery image.
- A computer plus a USB cable.
- Enable USB debugging mode of your Samsung Galaxy S2.
- Backup any data you regard precious before starting the tutorials below.
- Charge your device's battery if it's not 100% or at least above 70%.
- Follow all the steps and do not skip any steps.
How to update Samsung Galaxy S2 to Android 7.0 Nougat with CM14 custom ROM
Remember if you follow the below instructions that means you have fully understood that all the risks are yours to bear.
- Now you must download the Android 7.0 CM14 ROM to your PC.
- And then connect your device to computer using your USB cable.
- Now copy and paste the CM14 ROM zip file from your computer to your device's internal storage.
- Now power off your device and then disconnect it from USB cable.
- Then power on your device while pressing and holding these buttons; Volume UP + Home + Power to access the Recovery Mode or TWRP Mode.
- Within the TWRP mode, do the full data wipe by choosing the Wipe button, and then Swipe to Factory Reset option.
- Now head back to TWRP main menu to further tapping the Install button. On the list, select the CM14 ROM zip file inside your device's internal storage.
- Confirm the installation and then swipe the Swipe to Confirm Flash option. The installations will take place.
- If the installations are completed, you will see a picture like this on your device's screen.
- Tap Wipe cache/dalvik button in case there is bootloops or other technical issues.
- Now reboot by tapping the Reboot System option.
- Done my friend.
You did it my friend! Because you have successfully performed all the steps to update your Samsung Galaxy S2 to Android Nougat (7.0) using CM14 custom ROM. Now you are welcomed to verify it by simply going to Settings -> About phone. See by yourself what is the OS running on your beloved device now guys.