Surely you have already known that the custom ROM flashing procedures require you to have a custom recovery running. You can use either CWM or TWRP to flash the ROM zip file. However on this post I use TWRP recovery. You are free to use any other recoveries that you like most.
If you are interested to install CypherOS Android 7.0 Nougat on your OnePlus 2 device then you are welcomed to follow the guides written on this post.
- The CypherOS Android 7.0 N ROM only supports OnePlus 2, therefore don't flash it on any other device's models.
- You need to use CWM or TWRP to flash the CypherOS ROM.
- Prepare your Windows PC and a USB cable.
- Don't you forget to also enabled USB debugging mode of your OnePlus X.
- Charge your device's battery power.
- Follow the entire guides without skipping any steps.
- Backup your data if you think it's must.
How to update OnePlus 2 Android 7.0 Nougat CypherOS custom ROM
Remember that flashing a custom ROM like this will void your device's warranty therefore proceed at your own risk.
- Download the Android 7.0 CypherOS.Cstom ROM and Gapps to your PC.
- Now you need to use your USB cable to connect your device to PC. Once they're connected then transfer all the zip files to your device's SD card.
- Now power off your OnePlus 2 then unplug it from USB cable.
- Now enter to the recovery mode.
- Inside the TWRP mode, perform the following action full data wipe by choosing the Wipe button -> Swipe to Factory Reset button.
- Now back to the TWRP main menu then you need to tap the Install button. And then choose the ROM zip file you previously transferred to your device's storage on step 2.
- Now confirm the installation by simply swiping the Swipe to Confirm Flash option. You will see the installation will begin.
- Once the installation has been completed then repeat the above action to flash the Gapps.
- Now you need to tap Wipe cache/dalvik button in case you experience bootloop or other technical problem.
- Now you need to tap the Reboot System button.