On this post you will be guided completely to flash the CM14.1 ROM based on Android 7.0 Nougat on either Asus Zenfone 2 Laser or Selfie. Prepare everything required before going. One more thing, your device's warranty will be nullified for flashing the custom ROM like this.
Before we begin to the tutorials it's recommended for you to firstly read the following preconditions.
- You already unlocked your Asus ZenFone 2 Laser or Selfie bootloader.
- You need to have installed TWRP to your device.
- Then enable USB debugging mode.
- Make backup now.
- Follow the entire guides without skipping anything.
- Your device's warranty will be voided
- Remember that all the risks are yours to bear.
How to update Asus Zenfone 2 Selfie or Laser to CM14.1 Android 7.0 Nougat ROM
Your warranty will be voided. Perform the guides below and all the risks are yours to take.
- Download the CM14 for Asus Zenfone 2 Laser / Selfie to your PC.
- Now you need to use your USB cable to connect your device to PC. Once they're connected then transfer all the zip files to your device's SD card.
- Now power off your Asus Zenfone 2 Laser / Selfie phone then unplug it from USB cable.
- Now enter to the recovery mode.
- Inside the TWRP mode, perform the following action full data wipe by choosing the Wipe button -> Swipe to Factory Reset button.
- Now back to the TWRP main menu then you need to tap the Install button. And then choose the ROM zip file you previously transferred to your device's storage on step 2.
- Now confirm the installation by simply swiping the Swipe to Confirm Flash option. You will see the installation will begin.
- Now you need to tap Wipe cache/dalvik button in case you experience bootloop or other technical problem.
- Now you need to tap the Reboot System button.