Download OxygenOS 3.5.5 OTA for OnePlus 2. OnePlus 2 receives an update now, the stock firmware released recently for the phone is OxygenOS 3.5.5 OTA and it brings the most anticipated features which is a feature to enable VoLTE functionality. And the absence of this wonderful feature was a big disappointment when the phone was initially released at July, 2105!
For some people without VoLTE functionality is a pain in the back since with that feature we can force to have 4G LTE network only when doing voice call. Since then people put their head together to bring a tweak for enabling VoLTE on OnePlus 2.
But now OxygenOS 3.5.5 was introduced this week includes VoLTE enabler functionality for us. However the feature can be used only on the select carriers. That means not all carriers can enjoy this feature.
Beside VoLTE, OxygenOS 3.5.5 is also armed with app lock, battery saving mode, gaming mode and other wonderful features. If you want to see the whole logs that are added with this stock ROM. Then you can read the change log list.
See the list.
- Enabled VoLTE functionality for select carriers.
- Added App Lock.
- Added Battery Saving Mode ( Settings > Battery > More ).
- Added Gaming Mode ( Settings > Developer Options ).
- Added Additional Options for the Alert Slider.
- Redesign of the Volume Adjustment Bar.
- Shelf Optimizations.
- Updated OxygenOS UI.
- Updated Interface and UI of the Clock app.
- Updated Android Security Patch Level to 1/12/16.
- Increased System Stability.
- General Bug Fixes.
Download OxygenOS 3.5.5 OTA for OnePlus 2
How to install OxygenOS 3.5.5 OTA on OnePlus 2?
Make sure you have made backups before proceeding.
- Now you need to firstly setup ADB and fastboot on your PC.
- Download the OTA zip file of the OxygenOS 3.5.5 then change the file into the ota.zip.
- You need to enable your OnePlus 2 USB debugging mode.
- You need to connect your OnePlus 2 to computer.
- Now on your PC, head to the folder where you stored OTA.zip then right-click + shit to open command prompt window here.
- On the command window box just execute this command to boot your device into the recovery mode.
adb reboot recovery
- On the recovery mode, just choose the “Install from USB” option.
- Then type the command below.
adb sideload ota.zip
- The flashing process will then begin just wait till the whole procedures to complete.
- If they are finish just reboot your device from the reboot option available on the recovery menu.