If your phone is the LG V20 US996 (US version) then here is your good news, because there is already available method to install TWRP and root the LG V20 US996 (US version) of yours. And of course the post you are reading now contains the complete instructions to flash the TWRP recovery to further root the phone.
The benefits you will enjoy once your LG V20 US996 (US version) is completely rooted is you can remove all the unnecessary apps that are preinstalled by your phone's carrier. As we know the existence of those apps or popularly known bloatware eats our space too much and slow our device.
Therefore this post is your helper, as long as your LG bootloader is unlocked then you follow the instructions on this, because only the unlocked bootloader LG V20 US996 (US version) can perform the tutorials from this post.
- Make backups first.
- Be sure that your LG V20 US996 (US version) bootloader is already unlocked.
- Your computer must already have ADB & Fasboot drivers installed, or follow how to install ADB & Fastboot drivers on Windows computer.
- And you need to also enable your device's USB debugging mode, you can learn on how to enable USB debugging mode too now.
- Follow all the steps without skipping any steps.
How to install TWRP recovery on LG V20 US996 (US version)?
Now go to this page to install TWRP on any Android device.
Once you have done it, then continue to the following section, guys.
How to root LG V20 US996 (US version)?
Perform the instructions at your own risks.
- You need to download the SuperSu.zip file, then save it on your device's internal card.
- Now turn off your device then boot into the TWRP recovery mode. Do so by powering off your device then press Volume Down + Power for about 5 seconds then let it boot into the TWRP recovery mode.
- Well on TWRP recovery main menu, just tap Install button, then find the SuperSu.zip file you previously saved on your device's internal storage.
- Then install it, wait the installation processes to complete, after it's complete just reboot your device using the Reboot System option on the TWRP main menu.
- Finish now your LG V20 US996 US version is rooted!!!