Update Galaxy S3 to Android 7.0 Nougat using CM14.1 ROM. The International Samsung Galaxy S3 is without a doubt, a great smartphone because it was armed with so many stuff that can assist us to undergo our daily live. Because of that, the phone is not left behind by the third-party developers, because it's regarded can handle a tough Android version such as Android 7.0.
Recently we are handed with a news that people behind the CyanogenMod team had released a CM14.1 to deliver the modified Android 7.0 Nougat to Samsung Galaxy S3, and the zip file of the ROM is currently available for any Samsung Galaxy S3's users to download and install for their need.
However, it's still not yet in the final stage, therefore don't expect it will 100% stable once it's fully installed on your device and some new features of ROM are not included yet. But it's an official nightly build therefore you will get the upcoming OTA updates daily.
- You need to firstly backup your precious data before starting.
- Make sure that you already have USB debugging mode enabled. (How to enable USB debugging mode on Android).
- Make sure that your device is International Samsung Galaxy S3 and do not apply the guides written here on any other models.
- Your device should already in the unlocked bootloader condition.
- Be sure that you already have installed either CWM or TWRP recovery software on your Samsung Galaxy S3. (How to install TWRP recovery on any Android devices).
- A computer and a USB cable are needed to perform the guides from this post.
- Do not forget to follow the CM14.1 flashing instructions on this post as whole and not to skip any steps.
How to update International Samsung Galaxy S3 to Android 7.0 Nougat with CM14.1 ROM
Follow the guides from this post at your choice, blame none but yourself, if you brick or damage your device..
- Now you must download Android 7.1 CM14.1 ROM and Gapps to the computer of yours.
- Now you need to use your USB cable to connect your device to PC. Once they're connected then transfer all the zip files to your device's SD card.
- Now power off your Samsung Galaxy S3 then unplug it from USB cable.
- Now enter to the Recovery Mode / TWRP mode.
- Inside the TWRP mode, perform the following action full data wipe by choosing the Wipe button -> Swipe to Factory Reset button.
- Now back to the TWRP main menu then you need to tap the Install button. And then choose the Android 7.0 CM14.1 Nougat ROM zip file you previously transferred to your device's storage on step 2.
- Now confirm the installation by simply swiping the Swipe to Confirm Flash option. You will see the installation will begin.
- Once the installation has been completed then repeat the above action to flash the Gapps.
- Now you need to tap Wipe cache/dalvik button in case you experience bootloop or other technical problem.
- Now you need to tap the Reboot System button.