And if you want Nougat to run on your Samsung Galaxy S3 I9300 phone then you must use the third party ROM designed by Android developers, known as custom ROM, and on this post you will be offered to flash the LineageOS ROM to bring the Android 7.1.1 Nougat on your Samsung Galaxy S3 I9300 phone and then enjoy every awesomeness this ROM is offering for your. And I hope you will like it guys. And usual good luck guys.
And flashing this ROM requires an unlocked bootloader device and have already have CWM or TWRP recovery installed. Remember that flashing a custom ROM is not encouraged by Samsung therefore it will nullify your device's warranty.
- Make sure you only flash the LineageOS Android 7.1.1 ROM on Samsung Galaxy S3 I9300 only and do not try it on any other models.
- Remember that the LineageOS ROM is based on AOSP therefore flashing it requires a bootloader unlocked device.
- Make backups first.
- Be sure that your device's already powered with either CWM or TWRP. Head to this how to install TWRP on any Android device tutorials.
- Of course you are going to need to enable USB debugging mode first.
- Do all the steps written on this post without skipping any steps.
- LineageOS Android 7.1.1 ROM has no Google Apps therefore install them after you install the ROM.
- Do not forget to prepare your computer and a USB cable.
- Charge your device's battery power if it's less.
- Good luck for you guys.
You need to download the following files to your computer.
How to update Galaxy S3 I9300 to Android 7.1.1 Nougat with LineageOS custom ROM
Well guys follow the updating instructions and all the possible risks are yours to bear and nobody should be taken responsible if anything wrong happen to your device such as brick.
- Now connect your Galaxy S3 I9300 to computer using a USB cable and then transfer all the zip files (LineageOS and Google Apps) you downloaded earlier to PC to your Nexus's SD card.
- Now power off your Galaxy S3 I9300 then unplug it from USB cable.
- Now enter to the Recovery Mode / TWRP mode.
- Inside the TWRP mode, perform the following action full data wipe by choosing the Wipe button -> Swipe to Factory Reset button.
- Now back to the TWRP main menu then you need to tap the Install button. And then choose the Android 7.1.1 LineageOS ROM zip file you previously transferred to your device's storage on step 2.
- Now confirm the installation by simply swiping the Swipe to Confirm Flash option. You will see the installation will begin.
- Once the installation has been completed then repeat the above action to flash the Gapps.
- Now you need to tap Wipe cache/dalvik button in case you experience bootloop or other technical problem.
- Now you need to tap the Reboot System button.