Therefore you are invited to immediately take the NOF27B Android 7.1.1 Nougat for your device. There are two methods you can utilize to install the NOF27B which are using the built-in OTA (Over-The-Air) update system, or by taking the manual road which is install the software manually in case you haven't received any OTA update notification.
So this post is here for those who are forced to undergo the second method. If you are ready then you can continue reading this post. Please.
Below is the preconditions section.
- Make sure your device is Google Pixel XL, not other Pixel variant from Google, to install the NOF27B Android 7.1.1 Nougat firmware.
- NOF27B can be installed on device using either the stock or custom ROM.
- Your Google Pixel XL USB debugging mode should already be unlocked.
- Your device's bootloader should already be unlocked. Therefore please go; How To Unlock Bootloader Of Google Pixel / Pixel XL. Do it guys.
- Make a backup first to prepare an umbrella before raining.
- Do ever instruction from this post and please try not to ignore any steps.
- If your device's battery is low then you better charge it first to avoid a sudden shutdown during the installation phases.
- All good luck.
How to update Google Pixel XL to Android 7.1.1 Nougat NOF27B Factory Image
- You need to download Android 7.1.1 Factory Image to your computer. The file name is; marlin-nof27b-factory-2259c206.zip.
- Now you need to use your USB cable to connect your Google Pixel XL to your PC.
- Be sure that Fastboot is already configured on your PC. Haven't done it? Just go to how to install ADB and Fastboot on PC.
- Now power off your Google Pixel XL.
- Boot your Google Pixel XL into the Fastboot or Bootloader mode. Do so by turning on your device while your fingers pressing the Volume Up + Volume Down + Power buttons until the screen showing up Fastboot menu and Start on top side.
- You must now extract the downloaded file of the factory image on your computer. Then head to the sailfish-NOF27B folder and then copy and paste all the existing files to your Fastboot directory.
- Tips. If you manage to follow the steps on setting Fastboot on PC, there is almost 100% possibility that your Fastboot folder is in the platform-tools folder inside your Android SDK directory.
- Now inside the factory image files in Fastboot directory, execute the commands based on your operating system.
Windows; Run the file “flash-all.bat”.
Mac; Run the file “flash-all.sh” using Terminal.
Linux; Run the file “flash-all.sh”.
- The above is a command to flash the stock recovery image on your Nexus 5X. Just wait for the process to be complete. Or do what the on-screen instructions tell you if your device's bootlaoder is unlocked.
- Once the installation process done, your device will boot and the process will take about 5 minutes, yes it's longer than usual because it's booting for the first time with a new firmware.
Please to also read the How To Root Google Pixel & Pixel XL post.
You can also How To Root NOF27B Android 7.1.1 On Google Pixel XL.