You have upgraded your Google Pixel XL to the Android 7.1.1 NOF27B factory image recently, now if you want to have more fun then you are invited to root your Google Pixel XL. And the steps to do so are not hard. Everyone has done rooting their Google Pixel XL. And on this post I decided to compile all the needed steps to bring root utility on Google Pixel XL.
- Make sure you only root your Google Pixel XL if it's running on the latest NOF27B Android 7.1.1 software. How to update Google Pixel XL to Android 7.1.1 NOF27B factory image. Follow the post.
- Be sure your device's bootloader is already unlocked. Learn to unlock Google Pixel XL bootloader.
- To root your Google Pixel XL you need to download and install TWRP recovery mode to flash the SuperSU rooting package.
- Make backups before proceeding guys.
- Good luck guys.
How to root Android 7.1.1 NOF27B on Google Pixel XL
Remember to perform the rooting instructions on this post but all the risks are yours to bear. So blame none guys. If you brick or damage your device.
The following are the steps to root your Google Pixel XL powered with Android 7.1.1 NOF27B factory image.
- Now download Android SDK from Android Developers official website and install it. Don't forget to install ADB and Fastboot on Windows PC.
- Now you need to enable USB debugging mode of your Google Pixel XL.
- Now please to download Fastboot based on your existing OS then extract the file in android-sdk-windows\platform-tools directory. Create the directory if there is no such directory.
fastboot boot twrp-3.0.2-0-RC1-fastboot-marlin.img
Well done my friend now you have rooted your Android 7.1.1 NOF27B on Google Pixel XL device.