Do you wish to update to Android 8.0 Oreo? Well read this post to update to Android Oreo (8.0) for any Android devices through various methods you can take and try.
This year Google has released the latest version of their most proud mobile operating system, Android 8.0 with code name Oreo. This release is the major update and the improvements on every aspects of Nougat with the list of great features along. This is the first developer preview. This iteration of Android comes with great new look, improvements on stability, speed and responsive as well.
If you are interested to update your existing Android powered device to Android 8.0 Oreo then you will be guided from this post. However, you need to firstly read the advantages or disadvantages also preconditions sections below to find out more what you will get if the OS has fully installed on your device.
- You will get new look of Android running on your device.
- You will enjoy more features and functionalities from Oreo.
- Your device will be powered with the most sophisticated Android version.
- Your device will probably run slow or experience lagging due to hardware issues.
- Your device's battery will drain faster than it used to.
- Android 4.0 Jellybean.
- Android 4.4 Kitkat.
- Android 5.0 Lollipop.
- Android 6.0 Marshmallow.
- Android 7.0 Nougat.
- Make necessary backups before proceeding.
- Make sure your device is powered with Android 4.0 JellyBean or newer.
- Make sure your device's battery power is sufficient to perform this activity.
How to update to Android 8.0 Oreo for any Android device
The following are the several methods you can take to update your Android powered device to Android Oreo (8.0).
Use custom ROM to update to Android 8.0
If your device is rooted or has the custom recovery image then you can search for the available Android Oreo ROM for your device on the internet, I suggest to visit XDA forum or the forums that is dedicated for your device, for example if your device is Samsung then try Samsung forum, and so on.
Use Over The Air or OTA update
You can use this automatic update through your device, by visiting your device's setting then head to the system update to see whether your manufacture has delivered update for your device.
Or you can use Android 8.0 Oreo launcher
At least you will get a glimpse of what the Oreo will be through the Oreo launcher, therefore I suggest for you to install this kind of launcher.
Instructions to install Oreo launcher
- Download the Oreo Launcher from the following download button.
Oreo Launcher APK
- Then enable Unknown Sources on your device through Settings -> Security -> then check the Unknown Sources option.
- Now install the Launcher APK.