Hi guys here the full instructions to install XXU1DQC5 Android 7.0 Nougat Official Firmware on Samsung Galaxy S7 G930F smartphone. If you own that smartphone then you must now that currently Samsung is pushing the Android 7.0 Nougat update under build number XXU1DQC5, therefore you can expect for the OTA update on your device. Or you can simply connect your device to computer in order to let Samsung KIES notify you if the update available for your device.
But if you prefer the manual way, by installing the XXU1DQC5 manually then you are welcomed to do so, fortunately this post covering all the necessary steps to manually install XXU1DQC5 firmware on your Samsung Galaxy S7 G930F phone. But of course this is a bit complicated steps rather then using OTA or Samsung KIES, because you need to download the firmware and Odin.
Remember that having this firmware installed will wipe all your third-party apps such as custom recoveries, rooting tool, etc. So proceed at your will. And before doing so, I remind you to make necessary backups because your device will be reverted to the stock state with this firmware. With backup then you can restore. You can root G930FXXU1DQC5 with SuperSU.
- Do not flash the XXU1DQC5 firmware if your device is not Samsung Galaxy S7 G930F.
- As I mentioned earlier that this tutorials take Odin, therefore head to download Odin tool, to find and download the latest Odin version.
- Remember that you need to firstly Enable USB debugging mode of your Samsung Galaxy S7 G930F.
- Prepare both your Windows computer and a USB cable.
- Backup your entire data.
- Your root access, custom ROM and custom recovery will be deleted by this firmware.
- Good luck guys.
Download the official XXU1DQC5 Android 7.0 Nougat firmware for Samsung Galaxy S7 G930F device to PC then extract the file.
- Model SM-G930F
- Model name Galaxy S7
- Country France (SFR)
- Version Android 7
- Changelist 10422490
- Build date Mon, 06 Mar 2017 09:49:25 +0000
- Security Patch Level 2017-02-01
- Product code SFR
- PDA G930FXXU1DQC5
- CSC G930FSFR1DQB4
How to update Samsung Galaxy S7 G930F to XXU1DQC5 Android 7.0 Nougat
Be sure you follow every steps and do not skip or ignore any steps.
- Now power off your device.
- Once your phone is completely off, you must boot into the Download Mode, do so by pressing and holding these buttons together: Volume Down + Power + Home. Keep them pressed.
- A Warning like in the following picture will appear, therefore release the three buttons, change to pressing Volume UP button to enter to the Download Mode.
- Inside the Download Mode, now to your computer to open Odin that you downloaded to your PC earlier, by double-click the file.
- When Odin is opened, just connect your Samsung Galaxy S7 to PC.
- Odin will try to detect your device, if it detected your device, you will see a notification Added!!!. See the picture below.
- Click the PDA button on Odin to find the firmware file you downloaded earlier to your computer.
- Now click the Start button to begin the installations of the firmware to your Samsung Galaxy S7 G930F.
- The firmware file is in tar.md5 extension that you must click.
- Once Odin has completed installing the firmware, it will display Pass notification, see the picture below.
Via how to install official firmware on Samsung Galaxy device with Odin tool.