How to manually update Rogers Galaxy S7 to the Official Android 7.0 G930W8VLU2BQB6 firmware. The Rogers Canada Samsung Galaxy S7 SM-G930W8 phone receives the Android 7.0 Nougat G930W8VLU2BQB6 update now. You can install the firmware right away using the automatic update feature directly on your device with OTA or simply connect your device to computer using Samsung KIES.
However if you don't receive any notifications either via OTA or KIES, then you still have another option which is manually update your Samsung Galaxy S7 to Android 7.0 Nougat.
And for that method, you will be guided by this post, the steps to manually update your Rogers Canada Samsung Galaxy S7 to Android 7.0 are compiled clearly so you can follow them easily.
- Make sure your device is Samsung Galaxy S7 SM-G930W8 from Rogers Canada.
- To perform this guide, your need Odin, therefore download Odin tool, to your computer if you haven't done it.
- Enable USB debugging mode of your Samsung Galaxy S7.
- You need to have computer based on Windows and a USB cable.
- Backup all your data, especially custom ROM and custom recovery, because this update will wash those software.
- This update will restore your kernel, therefore your root access will be gone, no worry you can root it later.
- Odin download for new version.
Download the official Android 7.0 Nougat for Samsung Galaxy S7 Rogers Canada to PC then extract the file.
- Model SM-G930W8
- Model name
- Country Canada (Rogers)
- Version Android 7
- Changelist 10780217
- Build date Fri, 24 Feb 2017 04:44:23 +0000
- Security Patch Level 2017-02-01
- Product code RWC
- PDA G930W8VLU2BQB6
- CSC G930W8OYA2BQB6
- REGULAR DOWNLOAD
- Approx. 15 kB/Sec
- Non-Premium Members
- FAST DOWNLOAD
How to update Samsung Galaxy S7 SM-G930W8 from Rogers Canada to Android 7.0 Nougat
Be sure you follow every steps and do not skip or ignore any steps.
- Now power off your device.
- Once your phone is completely off, you must boot into the Download Mode, do so by pressing and holding these buttons together: Volume Down + Power + Home. Keep them pressed.
- A Warning like in the following picture will appear, therefore release the three buttons, change to pressing Volume UP button to enter to the Download Mode.
- Inside the Download Mode, now to your computer to open Odin that you downloaded to your PC earlier, by double-click the file.
- When Odin is opened, just connect your Samsung Galaxy S7 to PC.
- Odin will try to detect your device, if it detected your device, you will see a notification Added!!!. See the picture below.
- Click the PDA button on Odin to find the firmware file you downloaded earlier to your computer.
- Now click the Start button to begin the installations of the firmware to your Samsung Galaxy S7 Rogers Canada.
- The firmware file is in tar.md5 extension that you must click.
- Once Odin has completed installing the firmware, it will display Pass notification, see the picture below.
You did it my friend now your Samsung Galaxy S7 Rogers Canada has been updated to Android 7.0 Nougat G930W8VLU2BQB6 firmware. Check it via Settings -> About phone to find out what's firmware currently powering your device. Hope you find this post useful.
Source how to install stock ROM on Samsung Galaxy device with Odin tool.