NOF27B is armed with security patch, bugs for previous reported bug, and more. You can install NOF27B Android 7.1.1 Nougat using two ways, firstly using the over-the-air update which is a built-in utility on your device and the second is using the manual installation.
As for this post we cover the manual installations for you guys.
- Be sure that you only install NOF27B Android 7.1.1 Nougat on the Google Pixel only.
- Remember that you can install NOF27B on your Google Pixel albeit it's running on stock or custom ROM guys.
- Make sure that your Google Pixel USB debugging already enabled.
- One more thing that you need to unlock your Google Pixel's bootloader. How To Unlock Bootloader Of Google Pixel / Pixel XL. You need to read guys. Oke!
- Make sure you firstly backup your data before flashing this software.
- Follow all the steps without ignoring any steps.
- In case your device's battery power is low then you need to charge it first guys.
- Wish you all the best.
How to update Google Pixel to Android 7.1.1 Nougat NOF27B Factory Image
- Now you must download Android 7.1.1 Nougat factory image to your computer. The name of the file is; sailfish-nof27b-factory-5a8a6e11.zip.
- You need to plug your Google Pixel device to computer using the USB cable.
- Now you need to configue Fastboot to your computer if you haven't, learn to how to install ADB and Fastboot on PC.
- You need shut down your Google Pixel.
- You can boot your Google Pixel to the Fastboot or Bootloader mode. Now power on your device while you press these buttons; Volume Up + Volume Down + Power . Keep them pressed until you see Fastboot menu and Start on top from your screen.
- Now extract the downloaded file of the factory image on your beloved computer. After the file is extracted then go to the sailfish-NOF27B folder and then copy and paste all the existing files to your Fastboot directory.
- Note. If you followed the steps to set Fastboot on computer, there is a big chance that your Fastboot folder is in the platform-tools folder within the Android SDK directory.
- Now inside the factory image files in Fastboot directory, execute the commands based on your operating system.
Windows; Run the file flash-all.bat.
Mac; Run the file flash-all.sh using Terminal.
Linux; Run the file flash-all.sh.
- The above is a command to flash the stock recovery image on your Nexus 5X. Just wait for the process to be complete. Or do what the on-screen instructions tell you if your device's bootlaoder is unlocked.
- Once the installation process done, your device will boot and the process will take about 5 minutes, yes it's longer than usual because it's booting for the first time with a new firmware.
Please to also read the How To Root Google Pixel & Pixel XL post.
You can also How To Root NOF27B Android 7.1.1 On Google Pixel XL.