Both Samsung S8 and S8+ were already announced at March, 29 however long before it people were already spoon-fed with leaks of the phone's features. Not only that, we were also given with the Samsung Galaxy S8 launchers and apps to download.
Samsung Galaxy S8 were already popular and anticipated long before it was announced. That is understandable considering all the hi-tech stuffs Samsung had planted to it. But one feature that sucks our attention most is Bixby.
But unfortunately Samsung will not pour this intelligent assistant to support older Samsung flagships, not even the S7. That would be sad considering the reports we heard that Bixby is presented with very sophisticated technology and Samsung is so confident that Bixby will compete all the existing similar apps including Google Assistant and Siri, the rest too.
Fortunately, an XDA senior member takerhbk has managed to juggle Bixby to be installed on older Samsung Galaxy S7 running on Android 7.0. And we can conclude any device -- not only S7 -- as long as being powered with Nougat can use Bixby. Well you should try guys and prove yourself that your device is capable enough to run Bixby.
On this post I invite you to install Bixby on any Samsung Galaxy devices.
If you are interested let's proceed.
How to install Bixby on any Samsung Galaxy devices
- Your device should already have S8 launcher installed. (Install S8 launcher).
- Your device must be running on Android 7.0 Nougat.
- Download Bixby apk.
- How to install TWRP on any Samsung Galaxy devices.
- How to root Samsung Galaxy with Odin and CF-Auto-Root.
- How to install Stock ROM on Samsung Galaxy devices.
Instructions to install Bixby apk
Remember to follow all the steps so you will succeed.
- Once you have downloaded the Bixby.apk, if you downloaded the apk using PC then transfer the file (com.samsung.android.app.spage_1.3.23.apk) to your device's storage.
- Now use the explorer app on your device, to find the apk, then install it.
- Once the installation processes done, then on your device Home Sceen with Samsung Galaxy S8 launcher interface, you need to long press on any empty place to call the launcher options then tap the Home Screen Settings.
- You will see the Hello Bixby Settings.
- Reboot your device.