Google rolls out a new update for Google Pixel with Android 7.1.2 Nougat carries of a build name N2G47E, this is considered major update because it comes with the Android 7.1.2, but not many changes found on it. However the firmware will make your device faster, and optimized with the additional handy features along.
This is a final build for the previous beta test released a few weeks ago, that also bringing bug-fixes that were there on the beta version. Aside from that this firmware is with the security patch therefore flashing it on your Google Pixel is recommended.
To install Android 7.1.2 N2G47E on Google Pixel can be achieved through two methods; which are via OTA or manually. On this post I share the manual method for those who haven't received any firmware update notifications through their device. And if you are interested then come and go on to the instructions.
- Be sure that you only install N2G47E Android 7.1.2 Nougat on the Google Pixel only.
- Remember that you can install N2G47E on your Google Pixel albeit it's running on stock or custom ROM guys.
- Make sure that your Google Pixel USB debugging already enabled.
- One more thing that you need to unlock your Google Pixel's bootloader. How To Unlock Bootloader Of Google Pixel / Pixel XL. You need to read guys. Oke!
- Make sure you firstly backup your data before flashing this software.
- Follow all the steps without ignoring any steps.
- In case your device's battery power is low then you need to charge it first guys.
- Wish you all the best.
How to update Google Pixel to Android 7.1.1 Nougat NOF27B Factory Image
Follow all the steps without you to skip any steps.
- Now you must download Android 7.2 Nougat factory image to your computer. The name of the file is; sailfish-n2g47e-factory-00a46e7e.zip.
- You need to plug your Google Pixel device to computer using the USB cable.
- Now you need to configure Fastboot to your computer if you haven't, learn to how to install ADB and Fastboot on PC.
- You need shut down your Google Pixel.
- You can boot your Google Pixel to the Fastboot or Bootloader mode. Now power on your device while you press these buttons; Volume Up + Volume Down + Power . Keep them pressed until you see Fastboot menu and Start on top from your screen.
- Now extract the downloaded file of the factory image on your beloved computer. After the file is extracted then go to the sailfish-N2G47E folder and then copy and paste all the existing files to your Fastboot directory.
- Note. If you followed the steps to set Fastboot on computer, there is a big chance that your Fastboot folder is in the platform-tools folder within the Android SDK directory.
- Now inside the factory image files in Fastboot directory, execute the commands based on your operating system.
Windows; Run the file flash-all.bat.
Mac; Run the file flash-all.sh using Terminal.
Linux; Run the file flash-all.sh.
- The above is a command to flash the stock recovery image on your Google XL. Just wait for the process to be complete. Or do what the on-screen instructions tell you if your device's bootlaoder is unlocked.
- Once the installation process done, your device will boot and the process will take about 5 minutes, yes it's longer than usual because it's booting for the first time with a new firmware.
Please to also read the How To Root Google Pixel & Pixel XL post.
Now you can continue to Root Android 7.1.2 N2G47E On Google Pixel.