Now you can update Xiaomi Mi 5 (Gemini) to Android 7.1.1 Nougat firmware after Resurrection Remix ROM recently updated and released to deliver Android 7.1.1 software to the Xiaomi Mi 5 phone. And if you have been waiting for long enough to taste how will Nougat running on your device. Then it is time for you.
Albeit this is not a stock ROM from Xiaomi but Resurrection Remix is proven to be stable, fast and smooth enough and not to mention all the features added by the developers to make sure everything runs as smooth as possible.
Resurrection Remix is based on number of reputable ROM such as CyanogenMOD, AOSP, Slim & OmniROM. To install the ROM your device's bootloader should already be unlocked and has TWRP recovery installed. So the zip file of the ROM can be flashed.
- One thing for sure to only flash the Resurrection Remix ROM Android 7.1.1 Nougat on the Xiaomi Mi 5 only.
- Just for you to know that flashing the Resurrection Remix ROM Android 7.1.1 Nougat ROM requires you to have a bootloader unlocked Xiaomi Mi 5 (Learn to unlock Xiaomi bootloader).
- Don't forget to firstly backup your device.
- To flash this custom ROM you will need either CWM or TWRP recovery mode. You are welcomed to follow the how to install TWRP on any Android OS devices tutorials.
- Make sure you also enable Android USB debugging mode of your Xiaomi Mi 5.
- Follow all the written steps on this post and do not skip anything guys.
- Installing this custom ROM will make Samsung KIES cease detecting your device.
- Your computer and a USB cable should be ready to use.
- If your battery power is less then charge it first.
- Wish you all good luck.
Download the following Resurrection Remix ROM Android 7.1.1 Nougat ROM & GAPPS zip file to your PC.
How to update Xiaomi Mi 5 to Android 7.1.1 Nougat Resurrection Remix ROM
Well guys follow the updating instructions and all the possible risks are yours to bear and nobody should be taken responsible if anything wrong happen to your device such as brick.
- Now connect your Xiaomi Mi 5 to computer using a USB cable and then transfer the zip file (Android 7.1.1 Resurrection Remix ROM) you downloaded earlier to PC to your Nexus's SD card.
- Now power off your Xiaomi Mi 5 then unplug it from USB cable.
- Now enter to the Recovery Mode / TWRP mode.
- Inside the TWRP mode, perform the following action full data wipe by choosing the Wipe button -> Swipe to Factory Reset button.
- Now back to the TWRP main menu then you need to tap the Install button. And then choose the Android 7.1.1 Nougat Resurrection Remix ROM 14.1 ROM zip file you previously transferred to your device's storage on step 2.
- Now confirm the installation by simply swiping the Swipe to Confirm Flash option. You will see the installation will begin.
- Once the installation has been completed then repeat the above action to flash the Gapps.
- Now you need to tap Wipe cache/dalvik button in case you experience bootloop or other technical problem.
- Now you need to tap the Reboot button.