Samsung released an update containing a stock ROM for the Galaxy S6 SM-G920F users in Indonesia, Malaysia, Thailand and Vietnam with build number G920FXXU5EQCK that brings Android 7.0 Nougat. The G920FXXU5EQCK is now rolling either via Over The Air (OTA) or Samsung KIES. You can of course utilize one of the said automatic update features right now and see what the 1.86GB sized firmware is offering to you.
However if your device's rooted then there is no way you can get the notification neither by OTA nor KIES. In that case you can manually install G920FXXU5EQCK Android 7.0 Nougat and this post will try to help you flash the firmware manually. And remember that doing so will replace your custom ROM to the stock ROM and also your custom recovery be replaced as well with the stock recovery.
G920FXXU5EQCK Android comes with March security update along with bug-fixes and improvements for the device's performances therefore you are recommended to flash this stock ROM now. Because once it will keep your device as secure as possible and of course will make it more fast and light guys.
- G920FXXU5EQCK must be installed on the Galaxy S6 SM-G920F device only.
- If there is a root access on your device then flashing this stock ROM will wipe it out.
- In case your device is powered with custom ROM, custom recoveries or other third-party tweaks then all of them will be erased.
- Your device will be taken back to the factory settings and if you have lost warranty then it will be restored guys.
- Be sure you also perform the enable USB debugging mode of Samsung Galaxy S6 SM-G920F in case you haven't done it guys.
- Make backups to all data you believe will be erased by this stock ROM.
- Follow all steps and do not ignore anything.
- All the lucks for you.
InstallAndroidROM.CO.UK should not be held responsible for any possible risks applying the guides to flash the stock ROM.
Download G920FXXU5EQCK firmware and Odin.
How to install G920FXXU5EQCK update on Samsung Galaxy S6 SM-G920F?
Firstly I recommend you to make backups then make sure you follow the steps all of them and do not skip any steps.
- Firstly you need to shut down your device by choosing the Power Off option.
- After your device's shut down then boot to the Download Mode by holding these three buttons; Volume Down + Power + Home.
- You will see a Warning!!! Then release all the pressed three buttons replace them with pressing the Volume UP button to access the Download Mode.
- Now to your PC, then launch Odin by clicking the file name, just like in the picture below.
- Once Odin is opened just connect your Samsung device to your computer.
- Odin will then detect your device, if your device is detected, you will see this notification Added!!! on Odin.
- Clik on PDA button on Odin and then find the firmware / stock ROM on your computer.
- Now click the Start button to begin the flashing process.
- You will see Pass notification if Odin has successfully flashed the Samsung stock ROM on your device guys.
- Finish my friend.
Via how to install stock ROM on Samsung Galaxy with Odin.