All Samsung Galaxy E5 (E53G) users around the world can now flash Lineage OS 14.1 custom ROM that brings Android 7.1 Nougat out of the box. The Lineage OS is regarded as the solid successor of the reputable CyanogenMOD (CM) OS that has been long enough serving the Android powered devices with great software and functionality.
And now the ROM is coming to us with the new name which is Lineage OS, now it's reaching version 14.1 and has the Android 7.1 Nougat along with the additional features from the custom ROM itself.
The Lineage 14.1 OS is an unofficial build, however it's quite stable to which you can use it as your main and daily driver to accompany you everyday. And of course the ROM is a free software so downloading and installing it is free.
However, the ROM takes a custom recovery imaged to be firstly installed on your device. Because with it you can flash the ROM zip file and then make the ROM to run on your device. And to do that, you will face one unavoidable consequence which is losing your device's warranty.
Once the Lineage OS 14.1 ROM is fully installed on your device then you will experience of the greatness of Android 7.1 including its features and of course with the make you happy features from the ROM itself.
- One thing for sure to only flash the Lineage OS 14.1 Android 7.1 Nougat on the Samsung Samsung Galaxy E5 (E53G) only.
- Just for you to know that flashing the Lineage OS 14.1 Android 7.1 Nougat ROM requires you to have a bootloader unlocked Samsung Galaxy E5 (E53G).
- Don't forget to firstly backup your device.
- To flash this custom ROM you will need either CWM or TWRP recovery mode. You are welcomed to follow the how to install TWRP on any Android device tutorials.
- Make sure you also enable Android USB debugging mode of your Samsung Galaxy E5 (E53G).
- Follow all the written steps on this post and do not skip anything guys.
- Installing this custom ROM will make Samsung KIES cease detecting your device.
- Your computer and a USB cable should be ready to use.
- If your battery power is less then charge it first.
- Wish you all good luck.
Download the following Lineage OS 14.1 Android 7.1 Nougat ROM & GAPPS zip file to your PC.
How to update Samsung Galaxy E5 (E53G) to Android 7.1 Nougat Lineage OS 14.1 ROM
Well guys follow the updating instructions and all the possible risks are yours to bear and nobody should be taken responsible if anything wrong happen to your device such as brick.
- Now connect your Samsung Galaxy E5 (E53G) to computer using a USB cable and then transfer the zip file (Android 7.1 Lineage OS 14.1 ROM) you downloaded earlier to PC to your Nexus's SD card.
- Now power off your Samsung Galaxy E5 (E53G) then unplug it from USB cable.
- Now enter to the Recovery Mode / TWRP mode.
- Inside the TWRP mode, perform the following action full data wipe by choosing the Wipe button -> Swipe to Factory Reset button.
- Now back to the TWRP main menu then you need to tap the Install button. And then choose the Android 7.1 Nougat Lineage OS 14.1 ROM zip file you previously transferred to your device's storage on step 2.
- Now confirm the installation by simply swiping the Swipe to Confirm Flash option. You will see the installation will begin.
- Once the installation has been completed then repeat the above action to flash the Gapps.
- Now you need to tap Wipe cache/dalvik button in case you experience bootloop or other technical problem.
- Now you need to tap the Reboot button.