Root and install TWRP on Pantech VEGA Secret UP. Here you will be guided to root and install TWRP recovery on Pantech VEGA Secret UP phone and afterward root the device as well to enjoy modification your device to meet your expectations.
TWRP is one of the non-stock recovery developed by TeamWin Android developer to help Android users to directly flash the zip file on their device. The zip files could be custom ROMs, rooting package, other tweaks tool.
TWRP delivers more freedom to its users that they will impossibly find in the stock recovery. So if you want freedom. Install TWRP recovery.
- Can root your device.
- Can flash non-stock ROM.
- Can perform nandroid backup.
The disadvantage of using TWRP recovery.
- Can nullify your device's warranty.
- If there is no warranty then you will be charged for some money for any technical services by your manufacturer.
- Possibility of technical errors.
- Be sure you already have ADB and Fasboot installed. Haven't done it? Then head to install ADB & Fastboot on your computer (Windows) page.
- Another thing you need to do now is to enable USB debugging mode of Pantech VEGA Secret UP device.
- Be sure that you already unlocked the bootloader of your Pantech VEGA Secret UP device.
- Charge your device's battery power.
- Do every instruction on the tutorial steps and do not skip any steps.
Download the official TWRP v3.1.0-0 recovery for Pantech VEGA Secret UP
How to install TWRP recovery on Pantech VEGA Secret UP
Now you can continue to the instructions. And do it at your own risks.
- On this phase, I believe you have already installed adb and fasboot to your computer.
- Then place the twrp.img (Whatever the TWRP img name is) file you downloaded earlier to the folder named Adb & Fasboot folder on your computer.
- You can now open the command prompt within the ADB & Fasboot folder, by pressing Shift + Right click anywhere inside the folder, then choose Open Command Window here.
- Now connect your device to computer then execute this command.
adb reboot bootloader
- Then select OK to Allow USB debugging.
- Now you are in the bootloader mode, then you can execute the command below to flash the TWRP.img file.
fastboot flash recovery recovery.img
- Change the twrp.img with the name of your TWRP recovery.img, or simply use the twrp.img name like the above example.
- Once the TWRP is completely flashed to your device then reboot your device utilizing the command below.
How to root Pantech VEGA Secret UP using TWRP
So you want to root your device? Just root it! Follow the guides now guys!
- Then place the Supersu.zip to your device's internal storage.
- Now boot into the TWRP recovery mode. Do so by powering off your device, then press Power + Volume UP together till your device boots to the TWRP recovery mode.
- On the TWRP interface select backup all data first.
- Then tap on Install, to further select the SuperSU.zip file.
- Now swipe to install SuperSU.zip.
Congratulations guys all!