Previously you're being told about the coming of the release of the N2G47E Android 7.1.2 factory image for Google Pixel XL, flashing the stock ROM means we will face the fact the root access we enjoyed before it is gone.
But of course root access can be regain simply by re-rooting our device, and the SuperSU is available already to serve the Google Pixel XL users who just flashed the N2G47E firmware on their devices. And on this you will be guided to flash the SuperSU and TWRP in order to achieve the root access.
So what are we waiting for guys just proceed to the main topic.
- Make sure you only root your Google Pixel XL if it's running on the latest Android 7.1.2 N2G47E Android 7.1.1 software. How to update Google Pixel XL to Android 7.1.2 N2G47E factory image. Follow the post.
- Be sure your device's bootloader is already unlocked. Learn to unlock Google Pixel XL bootloader.
- To root your Google Pixel XL you need to download and install TWRP recovery mode to flash the SuperSU rooting package.
- Make backups before proceeding guys.
- Good luck guys.
How to root Android 7.1.2 N2G47E on Google Pixel XL
As usual I must remind you to firstly make backups before you proceed to the root tutorials and remember that!
The following are the steps to root your Google Pixel XL powered with Android 7.1.2 N2G47E factory image.
- Now download Android SDK from Android Developers official website and install it. Don't forget to install ADB and Fastboot on Windows PC.
- Now you need to enable USB debugging mode of your Google Pixel XL.
- Now please to download Fastboot based on your existing OS then extract the file in android-sdk-windows\platform-tools directory. Create the directory if there is no such directory.
fastboot boot twrp-3.0.2-0-RC1-fastboot-marlin.img
Well done my friend now you have rooted your Android 7.1.2 N2G47E on Google Pixel XL device.