Root & Install TWRP on LG Aristo. For all LG Aristo owners worldwide, you can now install TWRP recovery and then root LG Aristo of yours. And the post you are reading now providing the supported TWRP recovery for your device that can be used to flash SuperSU, custom ROM and custom recoveries.
The TWRP recovery that I inform to you now is not the official version, however it works quite well to serve you performing any modifications you have in mind. And this unofficial TWRP is released by a user called messi2050 from XDA, you can meet him from this page.
But remember that LG doesn't support flashing this kind of software to their device. Therefore doing so will nullify your warranty, if it is still valid, not to mention any possible risks you might experience during or after flashing it. Therefore all the risks are yours to bear. But remember some already tested the TWRP and nothing bad happened to their device and worked well to flash any third-party tweaks.
- Can root your device.
- Can flash non-stock ROM.
- Can perform nandroid backup.
The disadvantage of using TWRP recovery.
- Can nullify your device's warranty.
- If there is no warranty then you will be charged for some money for any technical services by your manufacturer.
- Possibility of technical errors.
- Be sure you already have ADB and Fasboot installed. Haven't done it? Then head to install ADB & Fastboot on your computer (Windows) page.
- Another thing you need to do now is to enable USB debugging mode of LG Aristo device.
- Be sure that you already unlocked the bootloader of your LG Aristo device.
- Charge your device's battery power.
- Do every instruction on the tutorial steps and do not skip any steps.
Download the unofficial TWRP recovery for LG Aristo
How to install TWRP recovery on LG Aristo
Now you can continue to the instructions. And do it at your own risks.
- On this phase, I believe you have already installed adb and fasboot to your computer.
- Then place the twrp-image-3.img file you downloaded earlier to the folder named Adb & Fasboot folder on your computer.
- You can now open the command prompt within the ADB & Fasboot folder, by pressing Shift + Right click anywhere inside the folder, then choose Open Command Window here.
- Now connect your device to computer then execute this command.
adb reboot bootloader
- Then select OK to Allow USB debugging.
- Now you are in the bootloader mode, then you can execute the command below to flash the TWRP.img file.
fastboot flash recovery twrp-image-3.img
- Once the TWRP is completely flashed to your device then reboot your device utilizing the command below.
How To Disable Encryption
You need to firstly disable encryption for the whole process to run smoothly.
Dm-Verity and force encryption disabler
- Boot your device to TWRP recovery mode.
- On the TWRP recovery mode, then select Wipe -> Format Data. Then type Yes, on the available space then hit enter. That action will automatically wipe the existing encrypted filesystem and then decrypt it.
- Once done, reboot into the recovery. Do so by heading to Reboot -> Recovery.
- Connect your device to PC and enable MTP under Mount section once your device boots in recovery.
- Now you need to transfer the no-verify-opt-encrypt-2.1.zip and SR1-SuperSU-v2.79-SR1-20160915123031.zip to your device's internal storage or EXTSD.
- Now unplug your device from USB cable.
- On the TWRP recovery, tap on Install button, to further navigate to the phone's memory then choose no-verify-opt-encrypt-2.1.zip. Then swipe to confirm flash button.
- The installation processes will begin, it takes about a few seconds, once done, back to TWRP main menu then tap on Install to flash the SR1-SuperSU-v2.79-SR1-20160915123031.zip.
- Now just wait till the entire flashing processes finish, after it's done, reboot your device. The first rebooting after flashing the zip files can be long, therefore, just wait guys. During the rebooting your device might experience bootloop one time or twice at the Metro PCS splash screen, do not be worry, that is okey!
How to root LG Aristo using TWRP
So you want to root your device? Just root it! Follow the guides now guys!
- Then place the Supersu.zip to your device's internal storage.
- Now boot into the TWRP recovery mode. Do so by powering off your device, then press Power + Volume UP together till your device boots to the TWRP recovery mode.
- On the TWRP interface select backup all data first.
- Then tap on Install, to further select the SuperSU.zip file.
- Now swipe to install SuperSU.zip.