Update Google Pixel XL to N2G47E Android 7.1.2 firmware. N2G47E Android 7.1.2 Nougat final build has already been released for Google Pixel XL and it's the update of the previous beta test version that's proven to had successful moment to which Google decided to push out the final version.
The only major thing found on this firmware is the Android 7.1.2 version as it is being expected by the Google Pixel XL owners worldwide. Beside on that there is nothing much to see, except the security patch and improvements on the several areas of the system.
So do not discourage by the fact, albeit it's not bringing many changes but still you will get Android 7.1.2 Nougat and other optimizations Google had them installed. So you are highly recommended to flash this firmware to your Google Pixel XL of yours guys. Then remember doing so will also wipe your root access out.
How To Install TWRP On Google Pixel XL.
- Be sure that you only install N2G47E Android 7.1.2 Nougat on the Google Pixel XL only.
- Remember that you can install N2G47E on your Google Pixel XL albeit it's running on stock or custom ROM guys.
- Make sure that your Google Pixel XL USB debugging already enabled.
- One more thing that you need to unlock your Google Pixel's bootloader. How To Unlock Bootloader Of Google Pixel / Pixel XL. You need to read guys. Oke!
- Make sure you firstly backup your data before flashing this software.
- Follow all the steps without ignoring any steps.
- In case your device's battery power is low then you need to charge it first guys.
- Wish you all the best.
Be sure you also study on How To Install TWRP On Google Pixel XL.
How to update Google Pixel XL to Android 7.1.1 Nougat NOF27B Factory Image
Remember to follow the guides without skipping any steps and make backups.
- Now you must download Android 7.1.2 Nougat factory image to your computer. The name of the file is; marlin-n2g47e-factory-ebc79a0b.zip.
- You need to plug your Google Pixel device to computer using the USB cable.
- Now you need to configure Fastboot to your computer if you haven't, learn to how to install ADB and Fastboot on PC.
- You need shut down your Google Pixel XL.
- You can boot your Google Pixel XL to the Fastboot or Bootloader mode. Now power on your device while you press these buttons; Volume Up + Volume Down + Power . Keep them pressed until you see Fastboot menu and Start on top from your screen.
- Now extract the downloaded file of the factory image on your beloved computer. After the file is extracted then go to the sailfish-N2G47E folder and then copy and paste all the existing files to your Fastboot directory.
- Note. If you followed the steps to set Fastboot on computer, there is a big chance that your Fastboot folder is in the platform-tools folder within the Android SDK directory.
- Now inside the factory image files in Fastboot directory, execute the commands based on your operating system.
Windows; Run the file flash-all.bat.
Mac; Run the file flash-all.sh using Terminal.
Linux; Run the file flash-all.sh.
- The above is a command to flash the stock recovery image on your Google Pixel XL. Just wait for the process to be complete. Or do what the on-screen instructions tell you if your device's bootlaoder is unlocked.
- Once the installation process done, your device will boot and the process will take about 5 minutes, yes it's longer than usual because it's booting for the first time with a new firmware.
Now you can continue to root Google Pixel XL on N2G47E official firmware.