After released a beta test update for Nexus 5X, Google thought it was a successful test, then the company now is pushing the final build with name N2G47F bringing Android 7.1.2 Nougat. This is a major update guys. Comes with handy features and security patch. Therefore you are advised to flash this factory image.
But remember flashing this firmware will remove your root access then other third-party tweaks or apps too. But do not worry you can always root your Nexus 5 again. But one thing for sure this firmware will restore your device to its factory state. And all the lost warranty will be brought back too guys.
Are you interested to flash this firmware? Let's do it.
- Just install Android N2G47F 7.1.2 Nougat only if your device is Nexus 5X.
- N2G47F can be flashed on device that is using either Stock or custom ROM.
- Be sure that you already have set USB Debugging mode enabled on your Nexus 5X.
- Take a precaution backups before starting.
- Follow all instructions compiled with steps below and don't skip any steps.
- Charge your device battery power if it's in low percentage.
- Good luck guys.
How to update Nexus 5X to Android 7.1.2 Nougat N2G47F Factory Image
Make backups first before you flash the factory image update.
- You need to download Android 7.1.2 N2G47F factory image to your computer. The file name is; bullhead-n2g47f-factory-f5d53a67.zip.
- Now you need to use your USB cable to connect your Nexus 5X to your PC.
- Be sure that Fastboot is already configured on your PC. Haven't done it? Just go to how to install ADB and Fastboot on PC.
- Now power off your Nexus 5X.
- Boot your Nexus 5X into the Fastboot or Bootloader mode. Do so by turning on your device while your fingers pressing the Volume Up + Volume Down + Power buttons until the screen showing up Fastboot menu and Start on top side.
- You must now extract the downloaded file of the factory image on your computer. Then head to the bullhead-NRD90S folder and then copy and paste all the existing files to your Fastboot directory.
- Tips. If you manage to follow the steps on setting Fastboot on PC, there is almost 100% possibility that your Fastboot folder is in the platform-tools folder inside your Android SDK directory.
- Now inside the factory image files in Fastboot directory, execute the commands based on your operating system.
Windows; Run the file flash-all.bat.
Mac; Run the file flash-all.sh using Terminal.
Linux; Run the file flash-all.sh.
- The above is a command to flash the stock recovery image on your Nexus 5X. Just wait for the process to be complete. Or do what the on-screen instructions tell you if your device's bootlaoder is unlocked.
- Once the installation process done, your device will boot and the process will take about 5 minutes, yes it's longer than usual because it's booting for the first time with a new firmware.
Well done my friend you have underwent all the necessary steps to bring the official Android 7.1.2 N2G47F Nougat software update on your Nexus 5x. Check it by going to Settings -> About Phone. Just to make that sure.