Android One 2nd Gen (Seed) Lineage OS 14.1 Android 7.1 Nougat ROM update is here. We can now update Android One 2nd Gen (Seed) with the help of the Lineage OS 14.1 ROM now. If you have been waiting for the opportunity to flash the Nougat ROM on your device now this is your chance. Because it's possible using the custom ROM released by Lineage team.
Certainly your device must have custom recovery installed, you can use CWM or TWRP recovery, but on this post we use TWRP recovery image as this custom recovery has the most easy interface to work with. Therefore if you want to taste Nougat sweetness then you should have the TWRP installed. And one more thing doing that will effect of losing warranty because Lenovo doesn't support installing such app.
Lineage OS 14.1 is a good ROM, people have been trying and say it's fast, stable and smooth. Therefore you can use it as your daily driver.
- One thing for sure to only flash the Lineage OS 14.1 Android 7.1.1 (Nougat) on the Android One 2nd Gen (Seed) device only.
- Just for you to know that flashing the Lineage OS 14.1 Android 7.1.1 (Nougat) ROM requires you to have a bootloader unlocked Android One 2nd Gen (Seed) device.
- Don't forget to firstly backup your device.
- To flash this custom ROM you will need either CWM or TWRP recovery mode. You are welcomed to follow the how to install TWRP on Android One 2nd Gen (Seed) device tutorials.
- Make sure you also enable Android USB debugging mode of your Android One 2nd Gen (Seed) device.
- Follow all the written steps on this post and do not skip anything guys.
- Your computer and a USB cable should be ready to use.
- If your battery power is less then charge it first.
- Wish you all good luck.
Download the following Lineage OS 14.1 Android 7.1.1 Nougat ROM & GAPPS zip file to your PC.
How to update Android One 2nd Gen (Seed) to Android 7.1.1 Nougat with official Lineage OS 14.1 ROM
Well guys follow the updating instructions and all the possible risks are yours to bear and nobody should be taken responsible if anything wrong happen to your device such as brick.
- Now connect your device to computer using a USB cable and then transfer the zip file (Lineage OS 14.1 ROM comes with Android 7.1 (Nougat)) you downloaded earlier to PC to your HTC's SD card.
- Now power off your device then unplug it from USB cable.
- Now enter to the Recovery Mode / TWRP mode.
- Inside the TWRP mode, perform the following action full data wipe by choosing the Wipe button -> Swipe to Factory Reset button.
- Now back to the TWRP main menu then you need to tap the Install button. And then choose the Lineage OS 14.1 ROM comes with Android 7.1 (Nougat) zip file you previously transferred to your device's storage on step 2.
- Now confirm the installation by simply swiping the Swipe to Confirm Flash option. You will see the installation will begin.
- Once the installation has been completed then repeat the above action to flash the Gapps.
- Now you need to tap Wipe cache/dalvik button in case you experience bootloop or other technical problem.
- Now you need to tap the Reboot button.