Install Lineage OS 14.1 Android 7.1 ROM on Moto X 2013. Lineage OS 14.1 ROM is now available for Moto X 2013 (Ghost), so you can now flash the reputable ROM on your device. And this is of course the official Lineage OS 14.1 ROM that comes with Android 7.1 Nougat along with the additional features from the developers to increase the excitements guys.
Lineage OS 14.1 ROM for Moto X 2013 is not released by the Motorola, however it's created, maintained, developed, improved and distributed by the third-party developers that want to deliver Android Nougat from their own version. And of course doing that is not encouraged by Motorola therefore you will lose your warranty if flashing it.
But this is your opportunity to upgrade Moto X 2013 to Android 7.1 Nougat software and enjoy everything offered by the custom ROM.
- One thing for sure to only flash the Lineage OS 14.1 Android 7.1 (Nougat) on the Moto X 2013 device only.
- Just for you to know that flashing the Lineage OS 14.1 Android 7.1 (Nougat) ROM requires you to have a bootloader unlocked Motorola Moto X 2013 device.
- Don't forget to firstly backup your device.
- To flash this custom ROM you will need either CWM or TWRP recovery mode. You are welcomed to follow the how to install TWRP on any Android devices tutorials.
- Make sure you also enable Android USB debugging mode of your Moto X 2013 device.
- Follow all the written steps on this post and do not skip anything guys.
- Your computer and a USB cable should be ready to use.
- If your battery power is less then charge it first.
- Wish you all good luck.
Download the following Lineage OS 14.1 Android 7.1.1 Nougat ROM & GAPPS zip file to your PC.
How to update Moto X 2013 (Ghost) to Android 7.1 Nougat with official Lineage OS 14.1 ROM
Well guys follow the updating instructions and all the possible risks are yours to bear and nobody should be taken responsible if anything wrong happen to your device such as brick.
- Now connect your device to computer using a USB cable and then transfer the zip file (Lineage OS 14.1 ROM comes with Android 7.1 (Nougat)) you downloaded earlier to PC to your Motorola's SD card.
- Now power off your device then unplug it from USB cable.
- Now enter to the Recovery Mode / TWRP mode.
- Inside the TWRP mode, perform the following action full data wipe by choosing the Wipe button -> Swipe to Factory Reset button.
- Now back to the TWRP main menu then you need to tap the Install button. And then choose the Lineage OS 14.1 ROM comes with Android 7.1 (Nougat) zip file you previously transferred to your device's storage on step 2.
- Now confirm the installation by simply swiping the Swipe to Confirm Flash option. You will see the installation will begin.
- Once the installation has been completed then repeat the above action to flash the Gapps.
- Now you need to tap Wipe cache/dalvik button in case you experience bootloop or other technical problem.
- Now you need to tap the Reboot button.