Install Lineage OS 14.1 ROM on Motorola DROID 4 XT894 (Maserati) to those who wish to enjoy the modified version of Android 7.1.1 Nougat. The LineageOS is a very stable custom ROM and has so many features to help you do things you won't find on the stock ROM. And of course if you know CyanogenMOD ROM then this ROM is the sequel of it.
The Lineage OS 14.1 ROM I am sharing here is the official ROM released by Lineage OS itself therefore you will be directly helped by the developers through the logs provided on its official website. And flashing this ROM takes a custom recovery such as CWM or TWRP. But on this post I use TWRP because it has more familiar interface guys.
Therefore you need to firstly make sure that your Motorola DROID 4 XT894 has one of the said custom recovery installed.
- One thing for sure to only flash the Lineage OS 14.1 Android 7.1.1 (Nougat) on the Motorola DROID 4 XT894 device only.
- Just for you to know that flashing the Lineage OS 14.1 Android 7.1.1 (Nougat) ROM requires you to have a bootloader unlocked Motorola DROID 4 XT894 device.
- Don't forget to firstly backup your device.
- To flash this custom ROM you will need either CWM or TWRP recovery mode. You are welcomed to follow the how to install TWRP on any Android device tutorials.
- Make sure you also enable Android USB debugging mode of your Motorola DROID 4 XT894 device.
- Follow all the written steps on this post and do not skip anything guys.
- Your computer and a USB cable should be ready to use.
- If your battery power is less then charge it first.
- Wish you all good luck.
Download the following Lineage OS 14.1 Android 7.1.1 Nougat ROM & GAPPS zip file to your PC.
How to update Motorola DROID 4 XT894 to Android 7.1.1 Nougat with official Lineage OS 14.1 ROM
Well guys follow the updating instructions and all the possible risks are yours to bear and nobody should be taken responsible if anything wrong happen to your device such as brick.
- Now connect your Motorola DROID 4 XT894 to computer using a USB cable and then transfer the zip file (Lineage OS 14.1 ROM comes with Android 7.1 (Nougat)) you downloaded earlier to PC to your SD card.
- Now power off your Motorola DROID 4 XT894 then unplug it from USB cable.
- Now enter to the Recovery Mode / TWRP mode.
- Inside the TWRP mode, perform the following action full data wipe by choosing the Wipe button -> Swipe to Factory Reset button.
- Now back to the TWRP main menu then you need to tap the Install button. And then choose the Lineage OS 14.1 ROM comes with Android 7.1 (Nougat) zip file you previously transferred to your device's storage on step 2.
- Now confirm the installation by simply swiping the Swipe to Confirm Flash option. You will see the installation will begin.
- Once the installation has been completed then repeat the above action to flash the Gapps.
- Now you need to tap Wipe cache/dalvik button in case you experience bootloop or other technical problem.
- Now you need to tap the Reboot button.