Install Lineage OS 14.1 ROM on Huawei Ascend Mate 2 (MT2) device. For you who own the Ascend Mate 2 and want to install Lineage 14.1 custom ROM then you are invited to follow all the instructions from this post. As we already know that this phone is one of the lucky device is supported to taste the most recent version of Lineage OS which is in 14.1 version now.
But of course doing so will cause you losing your device warranty, that's because Lineage OS is not an official stock ROM released by the Huawei, instead the project is developed by those who had been doing great jobs optimizing CyanogenMod (CM) ROM. But do not worry too much because you can reclaim your warranty anytime you want by simply flashing a Huawei stock ROM for your device.
Lineage OS 14.1 ROM comes with Android 7.1.2 (Nougat) along with the additional features and handy stuffs from the LineageOS developers. If you are interested then you can continue to the flashing instruction section below. Remember guys, your device must already have either CWM or TWRP recovery installed or else you won't be able to flash the zip file of the ROM.
- One thing for sure to only flash the Lineage OS 14.1 Android 7.1.2 (Nougat) on the Huawei Ascend Mate 2 device only.
- Just for you to know that flashing the Lineage OS 14.1 Android 7.1.2 (Nougat) ROM requires you to have a bootloader unlocked Huawei Ascend Mate 2 device.
- Don't forget to firstly backup your device.
- To flash this custom ROM you will need either CWM or TWRP recovery mode. You are welcomed to follow the how to install TWRP on any Android device tutorials.
- Make sure you also enable Android USB debugging mode of your Huawei Ascend Mate 2 device.
- Follow all the written steps on this post and do not skip anything guys.
- Your computer and a USB cable should be ready to use.
- If your battery power is less then charge it first.
- Wish you all good luck.
Download the following Lineage OS 14.1 Android 7.1 Nougat ROM & GAPPS zip file to your PC.
How to update Huawei Ascend Mate 2 to Android 7.1.2 Nougat Lineage OS 14.1 ROM
Well guys follow the updating instructions and all the possible risks are yours to bear and nobody should be taken responsible if anything wrong happen to your device such as brick.
- Now connect your Huawei Ascend Mate 2 to computer using a USB cable and then transfer the zip file (Lineage OS 14.1 ROM comes with Android 7.1 (Nougat)) you downloaded earlier to PC to your SD card.
- Now power off your Huawei Ascend Mate 2 then unplug it from USB cable.
- Now enter to the Recovery Mode / TWRP mode.
- Inside the TWRP mode, perform the following action full data wipe by choosing the Wipe button -> Swipe to Factory Reset button.
- Now back to the TWRP main menu then you need to tap the Install button. And then choose the Lineage OS 14.1 ROM comes with Android 7.1 (Nougat) zip file you previously transferred to your device's storage on step 2.
- Now confirm the installation by simply swiping the Swipe to Confirm Flash option. You will see the installation will begin.
- Once the installation has been completed then repeat the above action to flash the Gapps.
- Now you need to tap Wipe cache/dalvik button in case you experience bootloop or other technical problem.
- Now you need to tap the Reboot button.