Install Lineage OS 14.1 Android 7.1.X Nougat ROM on Motorola Moto E (Condor) for all of you who own that device and wish to taste the Nougat environment and the features added by the Lineage OS developers.
Lineage OS 14.1 ROM is a great software that will optimize your Moto E device and enjoy everything the ROM offers for you. And remember that this kind of software will of course nullify your device's warranty. And you will need a custom recovery such as CWM or TWRP to install Lineage OS 14.1 ROM based on Android 7.1.1 Nougat.
If you are interested then please to firstly read the needed preparations before beginning.
- One thing for sure to only flash the Lineage OS 14.1 Android 7.1.1 (Nougat) on the Motorola Moto E (Condor) device only.
- Just for you to know that flashing the Lineage OS 14.1 Android 7.1.1 (Nougat) ROM requires you to have a bootloader unlocked Motorola Motorola Moto E (Condor) device.
- Don't forget to firstly backup your device.
- To flash this custom ROM you will need either CWM or TWRP recovery mode. You are welcomed to follow the how to install TWRP on any Android device tutorials.
- Make sure you also enable Android USB debugging mode of your Motorola Moto E device.
- Follow all the written steps on this post and do not skip anything guys.
- Your computer and a USB cable should be ready to use.
- If your battery power is less then charge it first.
- Wish you all good luck.
Download the following Lineage OS 14.1 Android 7.1.1 Nougat ROM & GAPPS zip file to your PC.
How to update Motorola Moto E to Android 7.1.1 Nougat with official Lineage OS 14.1 ROM
Well guys follow the updating instructions and all the possible risks are yours to bear and nobody should be taken responsible if anything wrong happen to your device such as brick.
- Now connect your Motorola Moto E to computer using a USB cable and then transfer the zip file (Lineage OS 14.1 ROM comes with Android 7.1 (Nougat)) you downloaded earlier to PC to your Motorola's SD card.
- Now power off your Motorola Moto E then unplug it from USB cable.
- Now enter to the Recovery Mode / TWRP mode.
- Inside the TWRP mode, perform the following action full data wipe by choosing the Wipe button -> Swipe to Factory Reset button.
- Now back to the TWRP main menu then you need to tap the Install button. And then choose the Lineage OS 14.1 ROM comes with Android 7.1 (Nougat) zip file you previously transferred to your device's storage on step 2.
- Now confirm the installation by simply swiping the Swipe to Confirm Flash option. You will see the installation will begin.
- Once the installation has been completed then repeat the above action to flash the Gapps.
- Now you need to tap Wipe cache/dalvik button in case you experience bootloop or other technical problem.
- Now you need to tap the Reboot button.