Install Lineage OS 14.1 Android 7.1 on HTC Desire Eye can be learned from this post. If you want to taste the goodies offered by Lineage OS 14.1 and Android 7.1 Nougat on your HTC Desire Eye then you can find the lessons from this post.
Lineage OS 14.1 ROM is currently popular as this non-stock ROM offering the latest Android version, the newest version which is Lineage OS 15.x is reported to be delivering Android 8.0 on so many Android based devices. You can find on the LOS 15 List Of Android Devices Supported By Lineage OS 15 ROM.
Back to the topic, you are here to be invited to flash the Lineage OS 14.1 based on Android 7.1 Nougat ROM on HTC Desire Eye device. If you want this ROM to power your device. Then the procedures are very simple as you will be guided through the entire steps.
- One thing for sure to only flash the Lineage OS 14.1 Android 7.1.1 (Nougat) on the HTC 10 device only.
- Just for you to know that flashing the Lineage OS 14.1 Android 7.1.1 (Nougat) ROM requires you to have a bootloader unlocked HTC 10 device.
- Don't forget to firstly backup your device.
- To flash this custom ROM you will need either CWM or TWRP recovery mode. You are welcomed to follow the how to install TWRP on HTC device tutorials.
- Make sure you also enable Android USB debugging mode of your HTC device.
- Follow all the written steps on this post and do not skip anything guys.
- Your computer and a USB cable should be ready to use.
- If your battery power is less then charge it first.
- Wish you all good luck.
Download the following Lineage OS 14.1 Android 7.1.1 Nougat ROM & GAPPS zip file to your PC.
How to update HTC Desire Eye to Android 7.1 Nougat with unofficial Lineage OS 14.1 ROM
Well guys follow the updating instructions and all the possible risks are yours to bear and nobody should be taken responsible if anything wrong happen to your device such as brick.
- Now connect your HTC to computer using a USB cable and then transfer the zip file (Lineage OS 14.1 ROM comes with Android 7.1 (Nougat)) you downloaded earlier to PC to your HTC's SD card.
- Now power off your HTC then unplug it from USB cable.
- Now enter to the Recovery Mode / TWRP mode.
- Inside the TWRP mode, perform the following action full data wipe by choosing the Wipe button -> Swipe to Factory Reset button.
- Now back to the TWRP main menu then you need to tap the Install button. And then choose the Lineage OS 14.1 ROM comes with Android 7.1 (Nougat) zip file you previously transferred to your device's storage on step 2.
- Now confirm the installation by simply swiping the Swipe to Confirm Flash option. You will see the installation will begin.
- Once the installation has been completed then repeat the above action to flash the Gapps.
- Now you need to tap Wipe cache/dalvik button in case you experience bootloop or other technical problem.
- Now you need to tap the Reboot button.