Samsung gives Android 5.0.1 Lollipop update through OTA with build number I9500XXUHOD4 (XXUHOD4) for the International Galaxy S4 I9500. You can have this firmware installed by simply launching system update on your phone to check whether it’s available already for you. Or Samsung KIES can be used for this condition to detect updates which can be flashed onto your phone.
But of course there is a chance your turn is not coming yet, Samsung still now rolls it out to serve all people with the device in hand. You need to wait, and keep checking its availability regularly.
So if the waiting time for its availability on either OTA or KIES is unbearable, then this post will help you out. You can take the manual installation. All the needed steps covered on this post for anyone with the device to follow.
- I9500XXUHOD4 (XXUHOD4) firmware is released by Samsung for the International Galaxy S4 I9500 (Non-Lite version). Never flash it if yours is not that model number.
- For people who have rooted their phone, then you will lose root access once this firmware flashed.
- Stock recovery image brought by this official will replace your installed custom recovery if you have one.
- Your Galaxy S4 will continue be detected by Samsung KIES.
- For the device powered with a custom ROM, then your ROM system memory partition will be wiped out.
- You need to also enable USB debugging mode for your International Samsung Galaxy S4!
- Battery power should be enough,
- We will use Odin, thus it’s better to temporarily disable your antivirus and Samsung KIES so they won’t interrupt Odin from running.
- Prepare your Windows based PC, a USB cable, already installed original Samsung USB drivers.
- Albeit no data will be lost for performing this flash, backups is always important, especially if you use a custom ROM and experience a bootloop after flashing the firmware, you need to perform a factory reset which will flush your data.
Files needed to perform the guides.
Extract or unzip the firmware file you just downloaded to your PC.
Instructions to install I9500XXUHOD4 (XXUHOD4) Android 5.0.1 firmware on International Samsung Galaxy S4 I9500
- Power off the phone now.
- Then press and hold these three buttons together; Volume Down + Home + Power.
- A warning will appear, then utilize Volume Up button to enter the download mode.
- Open Odin now, just click the exe file of it.
- Use your USB cable to connect your Samsung Galaxy S4 to computer.
- Odin will display Added!!! message if your phone is detected.
- Tap the AP (For Odin3 v3.09) or PDA (For Odin3 v3.07) button then get the firmware file you saved earlier on your pc.
- Once done. Hit the Start button for flashing the firmware file.
- When it’s done, if your see the PASS message from Odin then you have successfully installed I9500XXUHOD4.
Fix bootloop and other errors.
I hope this is not happening, but in case you are stuck at bootloop to which unable to boot normally, you are advised to perform a factory reset. Do so by entering the recovery mode (turn off your phone then press Volume Up + Home + Power). Inside the recovery select the Wipe Data / Factory Reset option. Done.
Congratulation you have just upgraded your phone software to the newest firmware XXUHOD4 build and enjoy all the improvements and bug-fixes the firmware brings for your International Samsung Galaxy S4 I9500.